Perform daily functions of the brewhouse, cellar, and finishing operations. Reports directly to Head Brewer and Production Manager.
- Wort production and brewhouse operations
- Cellar tasks such as centrifuge transfers, dry hopping, adding adjuncts, and carbonation
- Assist in packaging as needed.
- Physical tasks as needed throughout the brewery
- CIP throughout the brewery
- Maintain an exceptionally clean and sanitary work area
- Communicate generously with co-workers throughout the work day
- Participate in sensory panels
- Record data in EKOS software, spreadsheets, and physical logs
- Follow all safety, quality, and company procedures
- Communicate any inventory, maintenance, and procedural needs to management
- Participate in quality and continuous improvement initiatives; write and verify SOPs according to industry best practices
- Grain-to-glass knowledge of brewing process best practices; professional experience preferred but we will hire the right person without it.
- Knowledge of applicable chemistry and physics such as pressure, temperature, pH, density, solubility, and oxidation
- Low oxygen best practices
- A palate for craft beer styles and an understanding of the industry
- Forklift experience desired (not mandatory)
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication
- Lift 55 lb and move 170+ lb objects
Relationships and Work Environment
- The work environment is a self-managed position with daily direction and communication with the Head Brewer and Production Manager.
- Good interaction and communication with staff should happen daily.
- We believe in continued education, trust and respect amongst all employees, and that a team effort achieves the best results. We all have our areas of focus, but our eyes are all on the same prize at the end of the day.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Program
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Matching 401(k)
- Relocation bonus
Southern Prohibition Brewing is a privately-owned company that began as a manufacturing only brewery in Hattiesburg, MS in 2013. In 2016, we championed new legislation alongside the other Mississippi breweries to allow restricted amounts of on-site sales in our Hattiesburg taproom. In 2021, our team championed another hurdle in the restrictive industry of beer manufacturing to allow for onsite wine, liquor and food, thus opening the door for our desire to expand and grow our bar and restaurant establishments. With distribution to 5 states and our 8 years of successful distribution, we are excited to take our brand into this next phase of hospitality. Our company was built upon an ever evolving and growing lineup of beers, and we expect our restaurants to reflect the same true creativity and culinary excellence, paired with adaptability and opportunity.
A career with us at Southern Prohibition Brewing can be the start of a journey into a variety of new ideas and the continuation of a meaningful career in an industry you love.
If you feel you are ready to be an essential part of the team at Southern Prohibition Brewing, please email your resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.