Our mission is to build an industry-respected craft brewery that helps people navigate the beautiful and complex world of beer.
To Foster Human Connection.
Crave Curiosity – A curious mind leads to a better living
Moderation Matters – In life as in beer, being balanced is best
Be For People – Be inclusive. Advocate for equity. Extend Respect.
Extend Kindness – Start with trust. No gossip. Give grace.
Make It Better – Whether job or community, make it better. The best idea wins
Leave A Legacy – Set up your successors for success
The Packaging Manager ensures that our products are packaged safely and joyfully, to the company’s quality standards and efficiently as possible while developing a strong and cohesive team of packaging specialists. All while maintaining Creature Comforts quality standards, safety protocols, and maintaining CCBC core values.
ACTIVITIES & OUTCOMES
- Packaging Efficiency
- Oversee the Packaging Training & Maintenance Manager by implementing improvements and investments for packaging specialist growth, such as
- cross-training all of the packaging department by honing their skills needed to navigate effectively and efficiently and in doing so creates an effective production line.
- Research new platforms with the Sustainability Manager to continuously improve CO2 usage in can and keg operations. Manage sourcing equipment, installation, and utilization of equipment upgrades.
- Teach/coach packaging specialists the importance of speed to volume ratios such as: avoiding filler stoppage, knowing your machine (properly trained), the importance of preventive maintenance, and the importance of V-curve (input/output).
- Leadership & Development
- Manage and keep packaging specialists motivated to increase workforce sustainability while keeping them engaged in new training opportunities and growth.
- Lead the performance planning/evaluation/growth for packaging specialists and Packaging Training and Maintenance Manager.
- Invest in packaging specialists’ growth and cultivate relationships by challenging them.
- Learn new leadership tools, allowing for collaborative conversations with department managers.
- Continued Training & Quality Assurance
- Cross-trained in cellar operations to increase efficiency, managers are better able to collaborate between departments.
- Cross-trained in expressing PDO and Obeer process to increase workforce sustainability/maximize production schedule.
- Properly train packaging specialists to adhere/improve to CCBC SOPs to prevent/reduce “QA holds”
- Maintains/Continuous improvement to SOPs – which will help more on return on investment.
- Technical Aptitude – basic ability to learn quickly on specialized equipment and technical processes.
- Time management – remains solution-oriented and adjusts staffing needs based on production breakdowns
- Problem Solving Skills – the ability to review and assess our issues quickly, providing feedback for continuous improvements during challenging situations
- Active listening – the ability to diagnose what’s being said without speaking. Providing feedback and truly understanding what is being discussed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.