Castle Danger Brewery is north of Duluth on the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior. We are a production brewery (30 bbl brewhouse) with distribution throughout the state of MN and select border areas. We are seeking candidates for our Lead Brewer role.
The Lead Brewer will use their brewing expertise and knowledge of our brewery operations to help ensure production goals are met while maintaining quality standards. The Lead Brewer will work closely with the Head brewer in all facets of operations to ensure consistent production and quality. This position will require both close collaboration with team members, self-direction, and the direction of other team members. The Lead Brewer will operate on 8-hour shifts, 5 days per week (Mon-Fri), during regular business hours. This position will also require occasional changes to the schedule.
- Fully understands all processes at CDB. Provides cross-training opportunities by covering job duties for individuals
- Promotes a clean and organized workspace
- Assists the brewing and cellar team on a daily basis to reduce operational challenges and minimize down time
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on brewing equipment
- Assists the Lab team in routine testing as well as various quality improvement projects
- Ensures that CDB SOPs are being followed in daily operations. Edit and adjust SOPs as needed
- Manage CDB’s Pilot Brewing System, infusion kegs, and special beer projects
- Leads workspace improvement projects in the brewery
- Assists in raw materials acquisition and maintaining inventory
- Participate on the CDB safety committee
- Perform normal brewer duties as outlined in the Brewer job description
- Other duties as assigned
- 21 years of age or older
- Flexibility to work any shift, with notice, to ensure uninterrupted production and/or cover shifts due to scheduled vacations and/or unforeseen absences of co-workers
- Ability to lead by example, working to forward the mission and core values of Castle Danger Brewery
- Minimum of 4 years of experience brewing in a production environment
- Must be able to stand/walk during entire shift, lift /carry supplies in excess of 85 lbs and team lift up to 170 lbs and reach, bend, stoop, crawl, pull, push, wrangle hoses for an entire shift. Work in a cold, hot, loud, or wet environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical brewing degree or certification a plus
- Special Boiler Engineer Certification preferred
Castle Danger Brewery provides a competitive total compensation package including health, dental, vision, life and short term disability insurance, 401k with company match + profit sharing, PTO, paid holidays, education cost sharing, beer and merch.
Your application has been successfully submitted.