ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace and cultivate the Goodwood culture and team values: Respect, honesty, and team support.
- Establish in collaboration, adhere to, and continuously advance a safe environment.
- Directly responsible for maintaining high quality standards in all areas of brewing.
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Goodwood
- Directly responsible for maintaining Goodwood’s quality standards in all areas of Brewing.
- Maintain a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment through CIP
- (Clean in Place) procedures and solid general housekeeping practices in collaboration with assistant brewers.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Brew house operation.
- 15 Barrel Brewhouse, 6-40Barrel FV's, 4-40 Barrel SV's
- Yeast handling, including laboratory cell counts, pitching, and cropping yeast.
- Monitor fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer
- Setup and tear-down of hard and soft piping assemblies.
- Carbonate beer and prepare it for Packaging and/or customers.
- Clean draft systems
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and infrastructure in collaboration with assistant brewers and maintenance staff.
- Aid in the professional development of other brewers
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary
- None Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily and communicate at a high level throughout the process. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Computer and other process automation systems.
- Brewing raw materials; including water, hops, malt, and yeast.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Chemicals
- Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments according to schedule.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the brewery.
- Work off shifts including weekends and holidays.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- An accredited Brewing Certification or related science degree preferred 1 or 2 year of experience producing wort in a brewery.
- Demonstrated understanding of the brewing process.
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
- duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close and mid-range vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
- employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
- The employee must work and maintain a sanitary environment.
- 401K w/matching after 1 year
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paternity/Maternity Leave
- Health, Dental, Vision coverage
Email with resume or questions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.