Regional Sales Manager (East Bay)
Location: East Bay CA-Based (remote from brewery in Alameda)
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and DOE. Almanac benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays and beer perks! Compensation package includes salary & sales bonuses.
Territory: East Bay & Stockton Region
Reports to: Assistant Director Of Sales
As the frontline sales liaison between our customers (wholesalers/retailers) and Almanac, this position is responsible for the generation, oversight, execution and management of all sales related efforts in a given territory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight and maintenance of existing customer relationships as well as the development of new relationships
- Work with local distributors to increase brand awareness and achieve sales goals
- Assist in account and wholesaler beer education and training programs
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions as required (note: evenings; weekend festivals)
- Manage allocations and forecast orders
- Execute overall sales strategy and achieve sales goals
- Monitor the effectiveness of sales programs/incentives; arranging and chairing meetings as needed.
- Maintaining familiarity with and keeping up with changes in the competitive landscape (ie, food and beer trends), products, business culture and competition
- Know and understand the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) laws pertaining to the supplier, wholesaler and retailer in your specific area
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1 year of craft beer industry sales experience or other relevant outside sales experience
- Ability to take initiative and work with a limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present & speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions, and effectively collaborate with diverse groups
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite applications including Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Strong sense of urgency and proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and the brewing industry
- Must have a personal vehicle that is in good working condition
- Must provide proof of valid California Driver’s License, CA vehicle registration and automobile insurance
- Must provide proof of a clean driving record
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Cicerone or equivalent training a plus
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies and equipment up to 30-lb (I.e., cases of beer)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
Qualified applicants please send your resume with a cover letter telling us how your experience demonstrates the qualities we seek, starting with the subject line "Almanac Sales Manager - East Bay"
Your application has been successfully submitted.