Packaging Department Supervisor
Peak Drift Brewing Company in Columbia, South Carolina is looking for a full-time Packaging Department Supervisor. We want someone with a passion for brewing craft beer, diversifying the industry, and making the world a better place through thoughtful practices. Our Packaging Supervisor will report directly to our Master Brewer. The focus of this position is to oversee packaging of our craft beer, hard seltzer, and future products like hard cider and non-alcoholic beverages. The Packaging Supervisor will mainly operate our GEA -Vipoll ALL-IN-ONE Filler (combo canning/bottling line) and oversee packaging operations to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency of output. Other equipment includes but is not limited to case packer, tray former, date coder, keg washer/filler, and various conveyance of materials and finished products.
We are accepting either a traditional written resumes or a video or audio recording detailing your training and experience relevant to this position.
A Successful Applicant:
• Must be 21+ years old
• Should have two years of professional experience in a packaging department, preferably management or supervisory level
• Is ideally, but not required to be proficient in Forklift operations
• Can follow directions and protocol while adapting SOPs for non-standard circumstances
• Can work independently, but knows when to ask for assistance
• Able to work safely with all materials and equipment involved in operations
• Exhibits a strong knowledge of packaging theory and practice
• Has strong skills in communication, organization, record keeping, and time management
YES! YOU SHOULD STILL APPLY IF...
• you don’t have a lot of formal education - the right skills and the desire to learn are more important than a piece of paper that says “you know this much stuff”
• you require flexible working hours – our ability to develop a production plan to accommodate your personal schedule ensures a proper work-life balance
• you think you are “sort of” qualified but not 100% qualified – you have nothing to lose! Your application gives us the opportunity to meet new people who may bring great things to the table above and beyond the day-to-day tasks of this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Executing canning, bottling, and kegging operations to safety, quality, and efficiency standards
• Anticipating problem areas and troubleshooting solutions
• Assisting Maintenance Manager in evaluating, maintaining, repairing packaging equipment
• Finished Goods and Packaging Material inventory management and recordkeeping
• Meeting or beating deadlines for sales orders
• Continuously looking for areas of improvement for safety, quality, or efficiency
• Working with Quality department on issues and improvements
• Being a Peak Drift Brewing Company ambassador whether on or off the clock
Specific Physical Demands Required:
• The use and wear of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver up to 55 lbs and slide, push, or roll up to 170 lbs
• Requires bending, squatting, pulling, pushing, grasping, standing for long periods of time
• Able to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments
• Involves long periods of varying conditions, from very hot and humid to very cold
This position includes a competitive salary $40k-$60k depending on Experience with a Full benefits package including Paid Holidays, 401k and more. Peak Drift Brewing Company is a new beer and beverage production facility opening in Columbia, SC.
Our mission is to create world-class, innovative craft beers, seltzers, and more with our state-of-the-art brewing facility while building a stronger community around us. Through our work, we strive to bring diversity to the pool of industry personnel from the ground up to inspire a more inclusive consumer base everywhere.
Your application has been successfully submitted.