Craft Beer Packager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- SanTan Brewery seeks to add detail-oriented, disciplined, and reliable individuals with initiative and passion for teamwork to our packaging team.
- This position(s) entails maintaining/running/working on the canning line and cleaning/filling of kegs.
- This is not a brewing position, but there are certainly opportunities for growth.
- If you have a positive attitude and a good work ethic, meet the following qualifications, and are capable of working in a fast-paced, creative and challenging environment, then please send us your resume and cover letter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be a passionate about craft beer.Operate packaging equipment, keg washing and filling, and canning line.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance routines as designated by the Packaging Manager.
- Troubleshoot problems within the department under the direction of the Packaging Manager.
- Understand and adheres to company safety standards.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain kegging/canning equipment and work areas.
- Alerts the packaging manager and/or Lab Tech to potential quality concerns.
- Functions well as a member of a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Automated and manual packaging equipment
- Forklift trucks (Will train).
- A variety of hand and power tools
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
- Touchscreen machine controls
- Compressed air or other gasses, including C02
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in the beverage or food packaging line industry, specifically with fillers, labelers, can line & kegging.
- An aptitude for trouble shooting basic mechanical & electrical systems is required.
- Strong attention to detail & quality.
- Experience with basic sanitation practices.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot equipment.
- The ability to operate a forklift.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends, as needed • Minimum of high-school diploma; education beyond high school strongly preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Qualified candidates must be able to stand on their feet for long periods of time and perform physically demanding work
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds safely with proper body mechanics and occasionally maneuver 165 lb kegs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels and temperature fluctuation is required
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and to respond to emergencies is also required
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check AND a physical abilities exam.
Your application has been successfully submitted.