Area Sales Manager - Nevada
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for executing within key on- and off-premise accounts by growing sales and market share through product distribution, display execution and promotion within their assigned area. This position will concentrate on a key area and focus solely on the retail execution of Sierra Nevada brands. The Area Sales Manager will spend approximately 90% of their time in retail execution.
What You Will Do
Call on existing account base within area to obtain new distribution, execute promotional activity and increase market share
Solicit new business to increase volume/distribution/share within the assigned area
Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute against those opportunities
Ensure proper merchandising of product and point-of-sale materials within area and according to our brand standards
Generate sales by maintaining/increasing shelf facings and positioning
Merchandise and service accounts according to brand standards including our Q/A measures- clean POS, rotate stock, check code dates, packaging repair/replacement, etc.
Identify field quality concerns and report using appropriate procedures (Formstack forms, Keg Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)).
Coordinate events and promotions to deliver greater brand awareness and stimulate sales
Conduct staff educations, beer tastings and other events as needed
Execute monthly National Account opportunities: On- and Off-Premise: securing displays, ensuring beer placement, closing gaps, checking quality and POS support; Coordinate with wholesaler on National Account mandates; Provide feedback to National Account team as to what is working at retail and challenges
Please Apply if You Have
- Associate's Degree required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
- 2 years Business to business sales experience required
- Ability to learn and apply in depth knowledge of state and federal liquor laws
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals; including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s history, culture and product
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both retail and wholesale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- DL - Driver's License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last three years upon hire required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer driver's license check.
- Candidate must reside/relocate to Reno, NV or Sparks, NV
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.