VP of Accounting
We are currently recruiting for a VP of Accounting to work at our office in Frederick, MD. This position is a highly interactive position with touchpoints to many parts of the organization. This role is responsible for managing, coordinating and prioritizing functions of the areas of accounting/finance, procurement and production planning. Qualified candidates must have a college degree in accounting or related field and 10+ years in accounting roles including recent leadership of a midsize team of accounting professionals.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure accounting team has the skills, attitude and drive to perform at the highest levels; continuously coach and develop the accounting team.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to GAAP
- Lead day-to-day accounting activities and deliver on strategy and operational plans
- Find and pursue cost reduction opportunities
- Develop, manage and deliver executive level reporting of financials and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure proper and accurate classification of all transactions
- Manage procurement process along with supplier relationships
- Develop strategic change and drive change management and business transformation efforts
What you possess that will make you extraordinary in this role
- Prior success in building strong relationships across an organization beyond the accounting function
- Ability to raise concerns and issues that need to be addressed to ensure sound internal controls, risk reduction and reporting accuracy; ability to make tough decisions
- Ability to interpret and communicate relationship of financial and operational data and results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 10+ years relevant experience preferably in manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of GAAP and product costing principles
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), and possess advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Vicinity, or something similar preferred
If you join our pack of misfit mutts, you’ll get all those boring benefits like Medical, Dental & Vision plans and a generous 401K match, as well as the awesome stuff like paid training, discounts on bad ass gear you’ll want to show off, bragging rights and those oh-so-delicious beer benefits (21+ only, duh).
Your application has been successfully submitted.