Part Time Beer Guide
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Abita Beer Guide position will work Friday, Saturday and Sunday, totaling about 16 hours per week. Duties for this job include serving beer, operating the high speed growler filling station, greeting guest as they arrive, and providing a fun, engaging environment. Beer Guides are the front line of representing a leading craft beer brand, and standards of job performance and professionalism are set accordingly. Beer Guide’s people skills, inherent enthusiasm and the ability to make each visitor feel special is an essential factor in day to day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing top quality customer service while serving our guest.
- Merchandise/beer stocking and maintenance.
- Selling merchandise and beer at the Tap Room’s retail center.
- Greeting visitors to the brewery, checking IDs, and maintaining accurate counts of guests in the building.
- Pouring beers, changing kegs, cleaning glassware, etc.
- Practice safe service of Alcohol. Checking for over intoxicated individuals both entering the building and already in the building.
- Knowledge of all beers and products. (ABV, IBU’s, and description of what the beer taste like).
- Opportunities to work additional hours at periodic Abita promotional programs.
The characteristics of the work environment described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hours may vary but will range from 16-20 hours per week.
- Ability to perform all functions of the Tap Room.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines and copiers.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Basic knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess good oral and written communication skills for dealing with diverse guests.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.