This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Varioline Operator performs all tasks involved in the packaging of products. This includes machine operation, inspection, light maintenance and packing. This position will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
- Perform various sanitation and clean up duties in and around the Varioline
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of packaged products to standards and separate any rejected beer cases according to SOPs
- Troubleshoot and diagnose machinery during operation when malfunctions occur
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Responsible for completing operator reports used for tracking production
- Rotate through different job tasks including hand packing and rework when necessary
- Responsible for executing all required HACCP processes and documentation
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives in order to increase performance
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts, typical work week around 45 hours with overtime as needed
Supervision of Others
This position does not require any management responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer, including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.