Quality Assurance Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The QA Technician is responsible for ensuring the integrity of each batch of product and consistent quality of production by conducting analysis, validating processes and providing documentation. The position is also responsible for monitoring quality programs through regular process checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Packaged product: ensure desired specifications for label adhesion and placement, correct crown color, date coding, fill heights, dissolved oxygen, carbon dioxide, pH, microbiological plating, can seam inspections, and chemical analysis via Anton Paar Analysis System.
- Sensory analysis: taste product to ensure product consistently matches the desired flavor profile
- Wort analysis: ensure consistency between brews by microbiological plating, chemical analysis, international bitterness units, and color
- Fermentation analysis: prepare samples and operate gas chromatography to determine status of fermentation process and detect potential contamination
- Bright beer: ensure consistency between brews by tasting, microbiological plating, chemical analysis, international bitterness units, pH and color
- Adhere precisely to QA procedures and specifications. Notify QA Manager of product non-conformance and place product on hold until disposition can be determined
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory instrumentation
- Collect samples properly for laboratory testing and retention
- Enter data into Excel databases accurately
- Utilize excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Perform additional duties as assigned by QA Manager
- Comply with Employee Handbook policies and safety requirements
- Correct safety hazards or notify Safety Manager when hazards or unsafe conditions are identified
- Adhere to Brewery GMP practices and HACCP plan
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Keep work areas clean and organized by picking up scrap trash/debris and maintaining equipment in proper working order
- Ensure that waste hoppers and kept empty and clean in and around the process area
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hours may vary if emergencies arise (typical workweek = 40 hours)
- Ability to work outside their regular scheduled hours, to be available for emergency and/or prearranged work
- Ability to perform duties involving prolonged standing, sitting, crouching and/or stooping
- Ability to push, pull, and position tools, equipment, and structural material weighing in excess of 65 pounds
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery
- Ability to work on smooth or uneven surfaces and under varying climatic conditions including exposure to seasonal heat and cold and/or adverse weather conditions
- Close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or Biochemistry preferred or relevant lab experience
- Extensive experience and understanding of aseptic packaging procedures, cleaning and sanitation, preventive maintenance, brewing microbiology and microscopy, record keeping and data analysis
- Knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to qualify and safely operate assigned equipment and vehicles including, but not limited to, an all-terrain high reach forklift
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency
- Ability to understand and execute against deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Your application has been successfully submitted.