This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Abita Brewing Company is looking for a Brewer to join our dedicated team. Brewers are the foundation stones of all good breweries. We will rely on you to ensure that the brewery is running smoothly, this includes preparing ingredients and materials, keeping on top of maintenance and house-keeping, operating machinery and of course... quality control. We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer and wants to learn and has a wealth of creativity. Previous experience in a brewery or elsewhere in the craft beer sector is always useful too.
- Learn the brewing process from milling, brewing, cellaring, and filtering
- Ensure that all vessels, equipment and facilities are kept clean and hygienic
- Assist in all aspects of brewing process
- Carry out any general housekeeping required in the brewery to ensure that it is safe and well organized
- Assist with recording raw materials, production stage timings and quality checks when required
- Produce beer that is consistent, free from defects, true to style (as we or the customer defines it) and of the highest quality
- Manual operation of the production process and equipment
- Handling of brewery waste streams and ensuring correct disposal and recycling
- Assisting with stock taking and record keeping as directed
- Ensure that the day to day management of Health and Safety is in line with company policies
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks as directed
- Contribute ideas for new beers and improving processes
- Attending beer festivals and meet the brewer events
- Job Requirements:Brewing experience is preferred but willing to train
- Degree in Brewing Science or Technology is a plus but not required
- Must be able to life 55lbs or more as needed
- Creativity with developing recipes
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.