This job is no longer accepting applications.
Toppling Goliath Brewing Company is a rapidly growing 100-barrel Steinecker Model Brewing system with a destination taproom that serves world class beer and food to customers from around the world in beautiful Decorah, Iowa. We are currently recruiting for a Hospitality Taproom Manager to join the team. If you are passionate about craft beer, great food, customer service, servant leadership, and are team minded...... we have an amazing opportunity just for you.
The Hospitality Taproom Manager is responsible for managing service expectations & managing Front of House Team Members within the Taproom at Toppling Goliath Brewery. This role will work directly with FOH Team Members to ensure they embody Toppling Goliath’s mission, to provide “world class” customer experience through exceptional beer, food and customer service. The Hospitality Taproom Manager plays a critical role in the growth and development of all Taproom service expectations, Front of House Team Members, the overall Hospitality Department and the company.
Toppling Goliath is a fast-paced environment with amazing co-workers and offers benefits like health, dental, vision, and life insurance, dependent flex care, short & long-term disability, paid Holidays, 401K with company match, food and merch discounts, and phenomenal beer perks!
If working in a fast-paced environment with amazing co-workers interests you, apply today!
- Be proficient in all Hospitality Front of House job positions & procedures.
- Coach and develop Front of House Shift Leads to increase leadership qualities and capabilities in Hospitality.
- Coach and Develop Front of House Team Members to ensure service expectations are executed.
- Conduct scheduled written performance evaluations with FOH Team Members to review skills, talents, performance, productivity, and opportunities for improvement of each team member.
- Assist with conducting Front of House job candidate interviews.
- Assist with developing and maintaining seasonal staffing needs.
- Assist with customer service recovery situations.
- Develop and maintain Front of House Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Work with the Hospitality Team to ensure all team members are knowledgeable of beer, food and merchandise.
- Oversee all Front of House safety training programs in Hospitality.
- Work with Human Resources when on-boarding new staff.
- Document and maintain all records of all coaching & development conversations with Front of House Team Members, including Shift Leads.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thrive in a team environment.
- Develop talent within Hospitality Department.
- Able to coach and motivate others in a positive manner.
- Guide others in the direction that promotes successful career growth through job performance and behaviors that align with the company’s mission.
- Able to analyze problems and implement solutions.
- Innovate, find new ways to work and operate more efficiently.
- Able to adapt to change and be forward thinking as we grow our Hospitality Division.
- Good judgment and decision making ability.
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively with Owners, General Manager, Directors, Managers, Maintenance Team and other departments in the facility.
- Complete special projects assigned by leaders.
- Overcome challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example.
This position directly supervises all hourly Front of House Team Members. This position also indirectly supervises all hourly Back of House Team Members.
This job operates in a fast past environment with multiple areas of the Taproom functioning at the same time. You will be constantly interacting with guests and team members.
This is an active role and requires being on your feet for most of the working shift. May be required to buddy lift a ½ barrel of beer (full is around 160 pounds).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Days and hours of work are varied and can be anywhere from Monday through Sunday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12 a.m. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Minimal overnight travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and at least 3+ years of experience in managing a high-end hospitality-related environment is preferred. Successful customer experience is necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Toppling Goliath is an EOE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.