Front of House - Team Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Toppling Goliath Brewing Company (TG) houses a 100-barrel Steinecker Brewing system, Krones high-speed canning and bottling lines and a destination taproom located in beautiful Decorah, Iowa. We are a family-owned, team-oriented company working together to create perfection in the craft brewing industry while creating a world-class customer experience through our beer, food, and the way we celebrate our customers. We are currently recruiting for Front of House Team Leads.
Hospitality team members serve as the face and first impression of the Toppling Goliath Brand. First impressions ARE everything. This role is hyper-focused on exceeding guest expectations every time they walk through our doors, no matter if it’s their first or 100th time visiting Toppling Goliath. We are currently recruiting for Team Leads for our Front of House team, we are a rapidly growing brewery with a destination taproom that serves world class beer and food to patrons from around the country. If working in a fast paced environment with amazing co-workers and benefits interests you, apply today!
The Hospitality FOH Team Lead is responsible for overseeing daily operation, ensuring employee productivity, monitoring efficiency of all processes and creating a positive work environment for all team members. The most important responsibility of the Team Lead is to guide others in the direction that promotes successful career, team and company growth through job performance and behaviors that align with the company’s mission: “World-Class Customer experience through our Food, Beer and Customer Service.”
All leaders at Toppling Goliath are committed to fostering a culture of quality, innovation and respect.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be proficient in all Hospitality Front of House job functions
- Conduct and complete employee performance, employee coaching, guest incident and injury reporting documentation accurately and timely following the company’s SOPs
- Proper handling of cash drawers and employee tip outs
- Inventory and supply handling/management
- Leading shift huddles, communicate all necessary information to the team
- Provide direction and feedback to workers during shift
- Monitor and supervise the timely arrival of scheduled employees, be aware of unforeseen challenges like scheduling conflicts and see to it the business is adequately staffed based on the needs of the customer
- Train and coach new employees
- Address customer concerns in reference to: products, services rendered or employee interactions
- Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company’s policies and standards of behavior
- Ensure proper approval for customer/employee discounts, returns and exchanges while providing customer satisfaction and positive interaction with the company
- Ensure health and safety standards are followed
- Update menus and Point of Sales system as changes occur
- Communicate any customer or staffing concerns with Taproom Manger
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to the Taproom Manager.
Candidates should possess these core competencies to be successful in the Team Lead position.
- Support and be open to change
- Proper escalation of issues to Leadership team
- Strong problem-solving aptitude
- Accountability for self and others
- Good judgment, leading by example, doing the right thing
- Encourages/builds up team members
- Good Listener
- Meets the needs of the team not the wants
- Actively seeks out problems to solve or work to be done
- Ability to maintain respectful and professional work relationships with all team members
- Ability to have crucial conversations with team members in the moment
- Train and motivate new and existing team members
- Able to analyze problems and implement solutions
- Honest and trustworthy
- Thrive in a team environment
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations, and requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, maintenance team and other departments in the facility
- Prioritize and complete special project assigned by Taproom Manager in a timely manner
- Innovate, find new ways to work and operate more efficiently
This job operates in a fast-pace environment and is constantly interacting with guests and other team members.
This is a largely active role and requires being on your feet for most of the working shift. May be required to buddy lift a ½ barrel of beer (full is around 160 pounds).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are varied and can be anywhere from Monday through Sunday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12 a.m. or later. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma. Experience in the food and beverage industry is preferred.
No overnight travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Toppling Goliath Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Your application has been successfully submitted.