This job is no longer accepting applications.
Toppling Goliath is a rapidly growing brewery with a destination taproom that serves world class beer and food to patrons from around the country. If working in a fast paced environment with amazing co-workers, and benefits like paid Holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, 401K with company matching, food and merch discounts, and phenomenal beer perks are your thing, we may have just the career for you!
The Cellar Technician is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing of fermentation and conditioning tanks as well as all equipment and parts is takes to transfer beer from tank to tank and ensuring tat the beer is being transferred according to the breweries standard operating procedures. Other responsibilities for the cellar technician would be monitoring the fermentation of the beer, cooling of fermenting, conditioning and carbonating of the beer to the correct levels.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proper personal protective equipment is required to be work during entire shift.
- Operate equipment following all safety guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Learn, understand and execute cellar operations according to company’s standard operation procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitary protocols
- Complete any necessary paperwork associated with assigned duties
- CIP parts, transfer hoses and tanks according to the brewery’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Pull yeast, if needed, or required and keep track of clean and dirty yeast vessels
- Perform dry-hopping procedures
- Assist in the cleaning of the cellar areas and the washing of equipment, floors, and tools to comply with company and government sanitation standards.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a team environment
- Mechanical aptitude essential
- Ability to adapt to a changing workload
- Good judgment and decision making
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations and requirements
- Communications with Production Management team and other Cellar Techs throughout the day to keep the day organized and running on time.
- Complete special project assigned by supervisors
- Able to work through challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard cleaning and sanitation procedures and is required to have the knowledge in the prevention of exposures to chemical, physical and biological hazards that could compromise the integrity of our finished goods.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Minimum of 40 hours per week, up to 12 hours per day if necessary, depending on the production schedule.
No overnight travel is expected for this position.
Must be able to stand for the entire shift. Work with hot, cold liquid, hazardous equipment, materials and chemicals. Bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, kneeling and reaching frequently throughout shift.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D Certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Toppling Goliath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.