This job is no longer accepting applications.
Toppling Goliath is a rapidly growing brewery with a destination taproom that serves world class beer and food to patrons from around the country. If working in a fast paced environment with amazing co-workers, and benefits like paid Holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, 401K with company matching, food and merch discounts, and phenomenal beer perks are your thing, we may have just the career for you!
The Brewer Assistant is responsible for the day to day operation of the Brew-house, working alongside the brewers to assist with all areas of the brewing process according to the standard operating procedures at Toppling Goliath.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proper personal protective equipment is required to be work during entire shift.
- Operate equipment following all safety guidelines and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) set forth by Toppling Goliath
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Complete and maintain accurate paperwork associated with assigned duties (i.e.: inventory and brewing data logs)
- Perform quality assurance testing
- Grain Management
- Hop Management
- Assist with brewer system monitoring
- Assist in the cleaning of the brewhouse areas and the washing of equipment, floors, and tools to comply with company and government sanitation standards.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Expected hours have the potential to change based on production needs.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a team environment
- Mechanical aptitude essential
- Ability to adapt to a changing workload
- Good judgment and decision making
- Strong overall understanding of safety procedures, regulations and requirements
- Communications with Production Management team and other members of the Brewhouse team to keep the day/week organized and running on time.
- Complete special project assigned by supervisors
- Able to work through challenges by setting a professional and upbeat example
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard cleaning and sanitation procedures and is required to have the knowledge in the prevention of exposures to chemical, physical and biological hazards that could compromise the integrity of our finished goods.
Must be able to stand for the entire shift. Work with hot and cold liquid, hazardous equipment, materials and chemicals. Bending, stooping, pushing, lifting, kneeling and reaching frequently throughout shift. Able to lift 55lb bags repeatedly.
Toppling Goliath is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.