Sustainable Beverage Technologies (“SBT”) makes draft beer more profitable and environmentally-friendly. Our patented fermentation process creates beer with 6 times the flavor density of traditionally-produced beer. By distributing our beer in lightweight bag-in-box (“BiB”) packaging -- instead of heavy steel kegs -- and blending with carbonated water at the point of sale using our proprietary NexDraft tap system, we generate tremendous savings in logistics, shipping costs, water usage, and fossil fuel consumption.
Schedule: 3rd shift, Sunday - Thursday, 9:00pm - 5:00am
The Technical Operator will be responsible for operating commercial- scale beer processing equipment, ensuring smooth operation by adhering to standardized operational practices. Operators will also be expected to work with the team at large to improve efficiency of operations or troubleshoot technical problems based on their hands-on experience and understanding of the process. Familiarity with P&IDs is a must, as is understanding of fluid flow and pressure dynamics. Must be able and willing to think quickly, efficiently, and display intellectual curiosity and flexibility when examining current systems.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot BrewVo as part of a team at SBT HQ and Sleeping Giant Brewing Company
- Maintain meticulous records for all facets of BrewVo operations
- Oversee and work with the cellar team for the beer production and packaging process. These will not be direct reports, but will be under the Technical Operator’s instruction for a portion of operations
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot other commercial scale brewing equipment. This includes but is not limited to flash pasteurizer, centrifuge, brite tank operations
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Efficient multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to operate materials handling equipment in a safe manner
- Work autonomously or in group setting
- Efficiently interact with 3rd parties to problem solve or ensure smooth operations
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to problem solve and think critically under pressure
- Participate in tasting panels to analyze product quality
- Work varied hours and shifts
- Ability to read, interpret, and act on technical drawings and documentation, including P&IDs
- Experience in tracking and filing log sheets for equipment CIP and process
- Experience working with bulk concentrated chemicals for CIP processes
Required education and experience
- 1+ years experience in food and beverage manufacturing, machine operations, or similar
- Experience with specialized process equipment such as centrifuge, pasteurizer, de-aerated water machine
Preferred education and experience
- Degree in food science, bio products engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar
- Knowledge of brewing process from creation to packaging
- Experience in large-scale brewing operations or production
- Knowledge and experience related to commercial brewing and/or beverage production
Why You’ll Love Working Here
SBT is disrupting a centuries-old industry and having fun doing it. Besides the satisfaction of helping make “the best beer on the planet and for the planet”, you’ll enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement savings plan with company matched contributions
- Fresh beer on tap!
Annual base salary: $55,000
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Operator”.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Sustainable Beverage Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Sustainable Beverage Technologies
Your application has been successfully submitted.