Senior Accounting Manager
Upslope Brewing Company is a Certified B Corporation, which means we meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. Through investment in our employees, continuous process improvement and a focus on innovation, we aim to deliver a high quality product, while prioritizing environmental stewardship and inclusion in our operations, brand and partnerships.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accounting Manager to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization to increase department accuracy and efficiencies. The Senior Accounting Manager will lead a small team and must be able to be a dynamic team player and visionary leader. This role will include all duties related to a Senior Accountant (financial tracking, reporting and analytics, tax and audit preparations, maintaining the general ledger, etc.) as well as possess the ability to train, and motivate accounting staff members, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that the department operates efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
To be successful, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), strong financial analysis skills, advanced Excel skills and excellent leadership qualities. Additionally, being detail-oriented, highly organized, able to work with little to no supervision and as part of a team, with an understanding of management principles and financial legislation will lead to success in this position.
The Senior Accounting Manager reports directly to the Founder’s of Upslope Brewing Company, liaison’s with our financial stakeholders and works in tandem with the Director of People Operations. This position is primarily in-person with the option of occasional, remote flexibility of 2-days per week.
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures that increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the accounting department and ensuring that all major projects, month-end, and year-end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation.
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed.
- Assisting other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives/budgets, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business.
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance and brewing industries.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Leads preparation and monitoring of all budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Training and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating relevant accounting tasks to department heads.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting Upslope staff as required or assigned.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm and the non-negotiable ability to work in person at the Upslope office 3 or more days a week, including Monday and Friday.
Compensation, Benefits + Culture
Upslope offers a transparent and unique work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation. It’s important to make sure each employee understands the impact they have on the mission. We work for beer, but get paid in dollars
Compensation Package includes:
- Starting base salary $60,000 - $80,000 annually
- Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Hours beginning 30-days after employment
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Disability/ Life insurance with company contribution beginning 30-days after employment
- 401(k) with company match beginning day one
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Free Beer (Daily taproom perks and monthly retail beer allotments)
- Merchandise discounts
- Discounts & Pro Deals on outdoor equipment & activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- And many more!
Qualifications/Position Requirements and Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Excellent collaborative leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and management principles.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP
- Exceptional math skills and Excel proficiencies.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office and G-Suite.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and integrity.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
Desired/Preferred, but Not Required:
- Demonstrated experience in managing self and others.
- Related advanced degree or certification, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong time and stress management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and as part of a team.
Still Apply If…
- You have exceptional accounting experience but have never managed others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.