This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cloud 9 Brewery is looking for several servers to join our team in beautiful Boise, Idaho. Our servers will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service, backed by a breadth and depth of beer, wine and food-pairing knowledge. We are seeking team members with strong interpersonal skills, drive, and a desire to learn more about beer and the brewing industry.
From the quality of the beer, to the atmosphere of the dining area and bar and especially the service they receive, a guest’s impression of the brewery begins as soon as they walk through the door. Their experience must be excellent.
Ideal team members will have a strong sense of ownership, and a true passion for craft beer and wine. The ability to multi-task when walking through the dining area, while quickly solving problems and thinking on your feet are a must for this position.
In addition to the day to day activities, servers will be expected to learn everything they can about our food and beers, the production process and craft beer in general. They will be expected to guide guests to beers they would enjoy, and explain the differences between staple and seasonal styles.
- Greeting and interacting with guests and other team members in a friendly and fun way
- Accurately guiding and taking guest orders for food and drink, checking back to ensure needs are met
- Bringing food to guests when ready
- Bussing and resetting bar-top or tables as required
- All other day to day activities necessary to keep the dining area running
- Servers will report to Cloud 9 Managers and Owners.
- Work days, nights or weekends, as required
- Ability to multi-task in a noisy and fast-paced, distraction-filled environment
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems or significant matters, take corrective action when necessary
- Move about facility and stand for extended periords of time
- TIPS training or working toward certification within 4 months of hire
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
- Bend and stoop while serving guests
- Adhere to sanitization procedures
- Greet newly seated guests in a positive and timely manner
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurate, calculate and return appropriate change
- Read and write handwritten notes
- Maintain thorough understanding of all menu items, and be able to answer guest questions regarding each
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Dress per requirements, looking neat, clean and professional at all times
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English
Passion for craft beer and brewing required! Desire to be part of a hard working, flexible team, high level of self-awareness and long-term view of success.
Restaurant and/or bar experience preferred, but not required.
Bonus points for amazing handwriting, as we have lots of chalkboard space.
Your application has been successfully submitted.