Richmond Beer Hall Bartender
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Starr Hill is seeking craft-beer-loving part-time Beer Hall Bartenders to provide amazing Starr Hill memories and an informative and compelling experience to our beloved fans and guests. You'll share the Starr Hill story and educate visitors about the history, culture, process, and portfolio of beers brewed at our original Crozet facility and right here at our Richmond pilot brewery. You should also be driven to maintain great organization, cleanliness, and safety standards at all times. You'll need to ensure our fans and guests are having a fantastic time that lives up to the high standard set by our world-class beers. Taking pride in your work, the beer being served, and our home in Central Virginia is also extremely important, as you'll be engaging with longtime fans and new ones alike. If you love our beers and always thought it would be cool to share your passion, then we may have the perfect gig for you!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Tend bar in a busy, fast-paced environment, in compliance with Virginia ABC laws and TIPS/RSVP training
- Prioritize professional, friendly customer service and overall guest satisfaction
- Complete all opening and closing duties efficiently while adhering to our high standards of cleanliness
- Maintain craft beer knowledge and attention to detail with regard to presentation and quality
- ID-check DOB for all guests in a welcoming, friendly, and efficient manner
- Effectively communicate Beer Hall promotions, programming, special events, and policies to visitors
- Execute beer and merchandise sales, while maintaining well-kept and stocked bar and merchandise areas
- Significant hospitality or retail experience executing excellent customer service, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivated (looks for tasks to be accomplished)
- Willing to learn and take direction and feedback
- Professional demeanor with the ability to multitask while remaining calm under pressure
- An enthusiasm for sincere and warm hospitality, with a desire to exceed guests' expectations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. regularly and stand for an 8-hour shift
- Must live within close proximity to Richmond, Virginia
- Strong connection to the local market is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent industry experience, preferred
- Cicerone Beer Server Certification is not required but encouraged
Your application has been successfully submitted.