Starr Hill on Main Lead Bartender
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Starr Hill is seeking a highly motivated, passionate individual to join the team at our new Lynchburg Taproom. This person should demonstrate their leadership skills by directing Starr Hill's Lynchburg Team to maintain the utmost standards of customer service, to focus on a friendly and welcoming guest experience, and to bring Starr Hill's culture to Lynchburg through daily oversight of the Taproom. The ideal candidate should have an excellent knowledge of beer, as well as outstanding communication skills, an enthusiastic, positive attitude and a significant level of experience in guiding a team. This position reports directly to the Lynchburg General Manager. The position is full-time with weekend shifts included at an hourly pay rate, plus tips and benefits, including company-sponsored healthcare plan with dental and vision, paid time off, 401k with company matching, paid holidays and, of course, free beer!
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Tend bar in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Serve customers beer in compliance with TIPS/RSVP training
- Sell off-premise beer and merchandise
- Prioritize professional, friendly customer service and overall guest satisfaction
- Complete all opening and closing procedures efficiently
- Manage bar setup with ample supplies, restocking as necessary
- Maintain utmost cleanliness of bar area and restrooms throughout the day to maximize functionality and attractiveness
- Includes weekly cleaning of beer lines
- Assist with beer inventory management through adherence to stock control procedures
- Master internal POS system and help train part-time staff
- Ensure accurate cash management procedures and complete required reports with timeliness and accuracy
- Assist with merchandise inventory, ordering, and stocking merchandise display
- Collaborate with GM to develop strategies and programs to increase sales in the Taproom
- Work with GM to ensure Starr Hill’s key sales goals and brand objectives are met through planning and execution of weekly, monthly, and one-off programs and special events
- Assist GM in social media content generation to promote Taproom programming
- Assist GM in scouting and booking local bands
- Assist GM in executing wholesaler, retailer and other important customer visits
- Assist brewery team in taking gravities, tank monitoring, etc.
- Help manage keg rentals and ensure returned items are properly audited
- Promote and practice compliance with fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and regulations
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within all Federal and State laws, including Virginia ABC laws
- Passion for craft beer
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience selling craft beer in either the supplier or retail channel
- Outgoing, energetic personality interested in representing Starr Hill as the face of the brand in Lynchburg
- Strong social media background
- Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales
- Not satisfied with just meeting expectations but motivated to exceed customer and management expectations
- Hospitality/retail experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 1/6-barrel kegs (60 lbs.) and stand for an 8-hour shift
- Must live within close proximity to Lynchburg, Virginia
- Strong connection to the local market is preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.