This job is no longer accepting applications.
Deschutes Brewery is currently hiring for a Full-Time Maintenance Technician! The Maintenance Technician's role is to support operations in the production and packaging of our adult beverage products. Its purpose is to support the operations departments in their efforts to maximize efficiencies and reduce downtime to a minimum by proactively monitoring and maintaining equipment to manufacturer's specifications.
To successfully perform the responsibilities of a Maintenance Tech you must have a solid knowledge of a Brewery/Packaging Production Facility and have demonstrated the ability to reliably troubleshoot and communicate downtime events across the Organization.
This position requires the person to be familiar with the maintenance and operation of a variety of utilities that support our operation to include Steam Boilers and related equipment, CO2 delivery systems, Electrical distribution and Control systems, Water, Wastewater, Chemical and Compressed air delivery systems, Glycol Chillers and related support equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently install and maintain both manual and automated brewery equipment to stringent specifications
- Develop & perform routine maintenance programs for the brew house, equipment packaging lines, and other critical brewery mechanical systems
- Keep records of repairs and develop or make necessary changes to planned maintenance schedule
- Work with equipment operators to identify areas of required maintenance before equipment failure
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair brewery and packaging equipment related problems such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic
- Provide emergency unscheduled repairs of packaging equipment and brewery equipment as needed
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task are essential
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary. Flexibility is a must. Unscheduled downtime is an unfortunate reality and will require your expertise at unexpected times
- Three to five years of verifiable experience or any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to handle the position
- Qualified Journeyman Maintenance Electrician with a Journeyman Electrical License or a Limited Maintenance Electrician license issued by the State of Oregon is preferred
- Demonstrable top-notch mechanical skills
- Ability to actively listen and cooperatively solve problems and relate well to others
- Ability to work quickly to solve problems
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and commitment to following through and achieving results
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize both day to day and longer-term projects
- Self-motivated, works as hard and long as needed to achieve results
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge of mechanics and repair
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and overtime
This position works in a manufacturing environment, which may expose the worker to occasional or frequent extreme conditions, including extreme heat, humidity, sound level and/or confinement.
- Must be physically able to perform all related jobs in the work area, including heavy lifting and working from high platforms
- Strength -- Lift 70 lbs. Maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 55 lbs
- Stand, walk, and or sit up to 3 hours prior to each break period
- Ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and the like using feet and legs and or hand and arms. Maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow or slippery surfaces
- Extend both hands and arms in any direction
- Seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with the hand or hands
- Obtain impressions through the eyes of the shape, size, distance, motion, color, or other characteristics of objects
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.