This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Deschutes Brewery, we unapologetically make award-winning, damn tasty beer. We are currently looking for Brewers to join our team at our brewing facility in beautiful Bend, OR! The brewer position is responsible for the brewing process for both Deschutes Brewery and Boneyard beers! This includes preparation of raw materials, through the brewing and fermentation processes, and up to clarifying beer and making ready for packaging. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position including medical, dental, vision, 401k, ESOP, and paid vacation.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Assures optimum beer quality. Does so by following standard operating procedures (SOP), filing non-conformities, suggesting process improvements, staying abreast of brewing communications and process changes, and attending brewers' meetings as schedule allows.
- Manages daily tasks to meet production needs, including cleaning and sanitizing equipment, reading and following production schedules, operation of centrifuges, yeast harvesting and disposal, bottle conditioning, and ensuring finished beer meets specifications for packaging
- Documentation and data entry for all processes in the brewhouse and cellar
- Coordinate work with other departments (brewhouses, cellars, packaging, QA and warehouse)
- Engage in the never-ending quest of cultivating the most remarkable guest experiences through brewing damn tasty beers
- Constantly challenge the stuck, boring, mundane. And don't just challenge, but bring the solutions and initiative to make a difference.
- Get involved with company-wide initiatives.
- Continually gain knowledge of the craft beer world and share that knowledge.
Requirements of the position:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Ideally a graduate of a fermentation science, engineering, general science or other related field with applicable brewing work experience
- Previous production brewing experience preferred
- Able to frequently lift 55lbs to approximately waist height and tilt up to 200lbs
- Able to work for extended periods of time in a physical setting requiring repetitive lifting and wrenching, walking, and being exposed to hot and cold environments
- Consistently positive attitude
- Able to work independently
- Exceptionally organized
- Excellent communicator
- Keen attention to detail and quality
- Solution driven
- Flexibility in schedule, ability to work rotating shifts including graveyard
What's In It for You?
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- Health Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Assistance Accounts
- Employee Stock Ownership (you get to be a co-owner of Deschutes Brewery!!)
- Free Deschutes Brewery beer
- Being part of one of the best (and award winning!) Breweries in Central Oregon!
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.