This job is no longer accepting applications.
Maintain and execute all functions according to policy and procedures, safety requirements, and best practices. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of raw materials handling, milling of grain, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, transfers, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP and general sanitation.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Execute the necessary production duties including but not limited to daily CIPs, wort, soda, and cider production, raw material handling, yeast propagation, fermentation management, filtration and finishing, bright beer handling and packaging in accordance to Maui Brewing Co.’s Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure that all beer is produced to standards and specifications by following recipes and procedures as set by Brewmaster.
• Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality and in accordance to Maui Brewing Co.’s Standard Operating Procedures.
• Continually clean and maintain all brewery/production areas including equipment including but not limited to (pallet racking, hop cooler, mill, brewhouse, fermentation cellar, centrifuge area, brite cellar , silo yard, utility yard, wastewater, as well as all walkways and driveways around or leading to brewery)
• Ability to make minor adjustments to process controls in an accurate and effective manner in accordance with end targets: recipe adjustments, CIP tailoring and clarification process manipulation.
• Follow best practice and safety requirements dutifully.
• Maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
• Proficiency in quality procedures including operation and care of bench top density meter, pH meter Cellometer, yeast pitch calculations, and sterile sampling.
• Maintain healthy communication with other departments (QA/QC, Packaging, Warehouse, and Maintenance).
• Understanding in brewery axillary equipment and utility operations including, water filtration, boiler, malt receiving, wastewater, Bailer, and CO2 recovery system.
• Possess a well--rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles.
• Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner.
• Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee handbook of policies and procedures at Maui Brewing Co.
• Ability to research and present subject matter presentation on beer--related topic.
• Attend brewery staff meetings as required.
• Ability to assist any brewery department as required.
• Ability to perform jockey box, draft line, or keg line cleaning and troubleshooting.
• Ability to work any shift (mornings, afternoons, overnights) include weekdays and weekends, and possible rotations.
• Maintain flexibility with schedule; rarely or never outside of adherence to schedule.
• High school diploma. Formal brewing education preferred.
• Ability to work and communicate well with all staff.
• Organized and detail oriented; accurate record keeping skills.
• Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting.
• Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
• Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
• Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
• Work in small and confined spaces.
• Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
• Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
• Read, write and calculate basic algebra.
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Company matching 401k Plan after one year of employment
• Eligible for performance bonus per Brewery Bonus Policy
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at Ten days (80 hours)/year based on hire date
Your application has been successfully submitted.