This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ever wanted to help shape the look and feel of a global, badass brand’s merchandise? How would you like to do that in the world of craft beer with one of the most prominent, leading & innovative merchandise programs in the industry? Stone Brewing is looking for an amazing & motivated Merchandise Manager to join the merry band of misfits in our Marketing team! You will be one of the driving forces behind the ideation, development, procurement, and management of all aspects of our annual merchandise plan, including but not limited to apparel, accessories, collaborations, glassware & food/other. You will monitor trends, develop and maintain vendor relationships, manage all procurement and distribution support activities, and in the end will help bring the Stone Brand and our Gargoyle to life in new ways for our fans. Come join us!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development, Management & Maintenance of a Seasonal Development/Line-Planning/Product Development Calendar/Timeline(s) (Merchandise: Apparel, accessories, peripheral category items as necessary [i.e. supplemental food/beverage, etc.)
- Roadmap: Establish category & SKU targets that suit the financial needs & operational limits with the company.
- Development, Management & Maintenance of Operating Budget, Seasonal Line-Planning & cross-functional point/liaison for all things merchandise to support all brand goals/directives
- Responsible for working cross-functionally for developing a well-balanced/merchandised line & helping to achieve target profitability.
- Responsible for being primary contact for all vendor/agency relations (existing & new), evolving/building relationships & bringing new/innovative ideas & partnerships to the brand
- Support Merchandise operations with material planning and replenishment procurement for direct materials, indirect materials and supplies.
- Monitor and maintain procurement activities in the reporting system (Microsoft AX) to meet company requirements.
- Provide regular and effective communication reporting/updates regarding new items and on-hand inventory, working closely with Supply Chain counterparts.
- Gather information and report trends related to material and supply inventory levels. Have "a finger on the pulse" to both endemic/non-endemic trends/opportunities for initiatives & new ideas.
- Communicate with suppliers to obtain product or service information, such as availability and delivery schedule.
- Participate in the supplier evaluation process.
- Engage assigned suppliers to ensure reliable delivery and quality, escalating issues and expediting as necessary.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices.
- Review and audit purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Expedites orders and requests as directed.
- Prepare and present information and reports to management as needed.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures regarding purchasing system and instructions.
- Maintains files and records of materials, prices, inventories and deliveries.
- Ensure prompt review of all material requirement notices, on-time placement of Purchase Orders, and on-time delivery.
- Monitor status of planned receipts to ensure supplier adherence to schedule and quantity requirements, escalating issues and expediting as necessary.
- Ensure purchased materials are delivered on schedule, invoiced properly, and meet quality standards. Ensure shipments are complete and follow-up with suppliers on discrepancies.
- Participate in the supplier evaluation process.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Properly allocate mix for stores by properly allocations, sorted by style and pricing.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Experience and Skills
None at this time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college.
- Experience: At least 3+ years in Apparel/Accessories/Etc. Merchandising & Product Development/Management (Non-endemic or endemic)
- At least 2+ years of related experience and/or training in a purchasing or buyer role utilizing formal ERP material requirements planning systems, ideally Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Purchasing or administrative experience supporting purchasing, sales and/or distribution organizations within an apparel industry is preferred. Demonstrated experience using knowledge of supply chain management and procurement practices, standards, and techniques, with a history of working within an ERP environment to plan materials, place purchase orders, manage supplier relationships, manage costs, and ensure stable supply.
- Experience in Craft Brewing Industry a plus.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with SharePoint preferred. ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Strong sense & current knowledge of trend and development
- Strong presentational skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze sales data, and draw conclusions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Fashion Product Management/Merchandising
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Excellent attention to detail and very organized
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while shifting priorities
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel required to other Stone locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Your application has been successfully submitted.