This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Brewing Supervisor to join our Stone Brewing Co. Team!
The Brewing Supervisor will supervise all Production activity in the brewery, including planning, assigning tasks, and supervising team members. Also perform all brewing and cellar tasks as well as assisting the Lead Brewer in a supervisory capacity to ensure the smooth running of all brewing and cellar operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Supervises brewhouse, filtration, and kegging operations to process beer, filter beer, and keg beer according to the schedule and priority. Performs quality assurance and sensory testing according to Stone Brewing Co. SOPs.
- Work with Brewing Management Team to coordinate and prioritize all required production activities on the assigned shift (including cleaning, brewing, cellar work, centrifuging, filtering, and packaging). Makes arrangements to cover team absences so tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Assign tasks and prioritize activities of team members on the shift, including coordinating packaging and filter activities to avoid conflicts.
- Ensure beer required for packaging is ready when needed.
- Supervises shift brewers, including preparation and input of Performance Reviews.
- Provides initial and ongoing training and ensures compliance with safety regulations and SOP’s for cellar staff. Assist Brewery trainer with ensuring staff is trained and certified in the tasks they are assigned.
- Monitors and tracks progress of filter runs, kegging runs and brewhouse performance, and schedules necessary maintenance or production adjustments.
- Ensure a complete information pass-on at each shift change and a smooth shift transition for the incoming supervisor and production team.
- Submit a DRA or shift status report (whichever applies) at the end of each shift.
- Ensures that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, personal protective equipment and other production department consumables and equipment.
- Provides recommendations on process improvement, equipment upgrades and recipe formulation. Implements recipe changes at the direction of head/lead brewer.
- Be the first responder to production questions and issues, and follow up as needed with managers or maintenance.
- Be the first responder to accidents and safety concerns, respond appropriately to incidents and complete the required investigations and paperwork.
- Competently operate brewhouse and cellar equipment to process brews according to Stone SOPs.
- Possess knowledge and ability to competently run Brewhouse, Cellar, Packaging, QA, and Wastewater Operations.
Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; 5 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least 2 years supervisory experience with at least 2 years experience running/operating a large brewhouse system (50bbl +) and 2 years experience running/operating a Centrifuge Filter system or equivalent combination of Brewhouse and Centrifuge Filter experience. Computer literacy and experience with internet, Microsoft software programs (word & excel.)
Stone Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.