Packaging Technician I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for an amazing Packaging Technician to join the team!
Individuals will perform packaging activities efficiently and safely, incorporating quality in every bottle, keg, can and case within company specifications and schedules. This includes kegging, bottling, canning and warehousing. Must be able to work any shift in a 24 hour period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain packaging lines, including starting and stopping of packaging equipment
- Perform machine and beer line sanitation and clean in place (CIP) operations
- Accurately complete and update information forms and logs.
- Use software package to accurately track and charge materials to the production orders.
- Effectively communicate to warehouse personnel any and all goods which will need to be returned back to inventory if / when not used.
- Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards; accurately filling out inspection sheets based on overall production quality.
- Perform package change-overs on equipment as required. Use of hand tools to perform change-overs may be required.
- Perform production line change-overs on conveyors and auxiliary equipment as required. Use of hand tools to perform change-overs may be required.
- Load corrugate, labels, bottles/cans/kegs, carriers etc. in appropriate machines
- Watch flow of materials, i.e. cans/bottles/boxes/trays/kegs, etc. into appropriate machine and clear jams if necessary
- Ensure that all equipment is on and functioning properly prior to starting a run.
- Must do visual inspection of boxes to ensure proper box/tray is used and the graphics on the box/tray are acceptable. Must ensure proper coding is on the bottle, cans, boxes/trays, and kegs.
- Report any major defects or quality issues to the shift lead or supervisor.
- Monitor machines while running. Check to see that all bottles/cans/kegs are packed into boxes and on pallets correctly.
- Understand and follow safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
- Housekeeping: maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production, including the break rooms and rest rooms. Bale plastic, cardboard and contaminated bottles/cans/kegs when needed; dispose of materials when needed. Keep work area clean at all times.
- Ensure that all packaging equipment and the packaging area are completely 100% clean and sanitary, ready for the following day’s or shift’s production.
- Operate forklift in safe and efficient manner. Stage/move/load/unload materials.
- Handle chemicals according to proper safe handling procedures.
- Participate in minor to mid-level packaging projects when required.
- Follow all Stones policies, procedures and protocols including established SOPs
- Embrace continuous improvement
- Proactively work with Training team to obtain signoffs and operate equipment in accordance with SOPs
- Recommend changes to SOPs when corrections are needed
- Train other employees when required
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience: Previous bottle, can or keg filling experience is preferred. Previous forklift experience preferred.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ignition program and AX knowledge is a plus.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift certification preferred but not required
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: None
Stone Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.