Brewery Tap Room Retail Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
It is the responsibility of the Retail Manager is to work with staff and management to maintain the four core principles of Denali Brewing: Safety, Quality, Production and Teamwork. The Retail Manager is expected to exercise good judgment and decision making to ensure these principles are maintained.
– Prior management experience.
– Extremely high level of attention to detail.
– Ability to think and act creatively, while conforming to existing standard operating procedures and
Title 4 tasting room regulations.
– Be proficient in all positions to assist staff as needed. (TAP certification required)
– Have a strong working knowledge of computers and networks to maintain POS and office computer functionality, including individual workstations and WiFi systems.
– Be able to manage a staff of 3 or more people.
– Possess good beer knowledge.
– Ability to sit/stand/bend/walk and maintain manual dexterity for duration of work period.
– Must be able to work independently and be able & willing to work morning, midday, nights and/or weekend shifts.
– Able to lift 55 lbs. and move at least 165 lbs.
– Have a flexible schedule, team player and be 21 years or older.
– Speak in front of groups
Duties will include:
– Ensure the tasting room is appropriately staffed for business. This includes dealing with situations as they arise such as illness, injury and other unexpected events.
– Ensure staff is adequately trained; develop/maintain training program for all positions.
– Coordinate with HR to adequately staff per season.
– Meet labor and sales goals as set by the general manager.
– Ensure staff have the tools necessary to do their job well.
– Scheduling tasting room and tour staff. This includes picking up bartending and tour shifts.
– Maintain appearance, cleanliness and general ambiance in accordance with the culture of Denali Brewing.
– Contact the appropriate persons to facilitate repairs. When possible, use in-house resources to affect repairs to minimize repair time and expense. This may require learning new skills and dealing with problems with limited resources.
– Design, coordinate and staff facility tours.
– Work on menu design, content and pricing.
– Navigate adverse situations such as power outages, water outages and flooding and develop procedures to deal with these challenges.
– Order supplies and products as needed for daily tasting room/tour operations.
– Cold storage inventory and rotation. This means detail, accurate and organized in/out sheets.
– Coordinate weekly, monthly and quarterly inventory counts and manage inventory costing sheets.
– Create a culture of safety, quality, production, and ownership.
Pay Start: Pay dependent upon education and experience. All other benefits defined in the employee handbook.
Your application has been successfully submitted.