This job is no longer accepting applications.
The purpose of the Brewers Assistant is to learn and assist in the production of beer at Denali Brewing Company. You will essentially be the right hand man to our Master Brewer. If you have a passion for craft beer and are interested in a career as a brewer this is a great entry level position!
– Must be in good physical condition and able to maneuver in confined spaces.
– Ability to sit/stand/bend/walk and maintain manual dexterity for duration of work period.
– Must be able to work independently and be able & willing to work morning, midday, overnight and/or weekend shifts.
– Able to lift 55 lbs. and move at least 165 lbs., and work in extreme hot and cold environments.
– Extremely high level of attention to detail.
– Ability to think and act creatively, while conforming to existing standard operating procedures and federal, state, and local regulations
– Desire to learn and gain skills relevant to the production of beer at Denali Brewing Co.
– Understanding and passion for of all aspects of beer production, including grain handling, yeast management, and packaging.
– Possess good beer knowledge and a good sense of smell, distinguishing flavors and colors in beer.
– Possess technical/mechanical expertise and have the ability to troubleshoot/fix brewing equipment
– Have a flexible schedule, team player, and be 21 years or older.
Duties will include:
– CIP of brewhouse, fermenters/bright tank, and transfer of liquid between tanks.
– Assist the shift brewer on brew days including all aspects of wort production, clean-up, and preparation.
– Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment, tanks, and work areas to brewer’s specifications.
– Maintain brewer’s specified SOPs in wort production, vessel cleaning and sanitation, yeast handling, fermentation, and maturation.
-Build and mill grain bills for all recipes
– Understand and adhere to recipes, processes, and safety procedures in all tasks.
– Troubleshoot and report all mechanical issues to brewer as needed.
– Operate and collaborate with brewer on pilot system for new and innovative brews.
– Gain all knowledge required to become a shift brewer
Your application has been successfully submitted.