Work for an Award-Winning Brewery!
We know you have heaps of experience honing your craft, sharing your passion with others, and thrive in an environment that provides a strong culture, uncompromised standards, accountability, and high profitability. And we know you’re looking to showcase your abilities in a reputable, growing company that truly Inspires Loyalty.
Oh, yeah – you should also really love beer.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of beverage industry experience.
- Previous brewing industry experience, as well as a formal brewing education and/or homebrewing experience.
- Willingness to work 40 hrs./week in a brewery setting that incorporates all aspects of brewpub brewing with some limited packaging
- The ability to lift 55+ pounds over the waist and move 165lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another repeatedly throughout the workday
- Ability to follow the standard procedures for operations to ensure production of high-quality beer
- Ability to execute the standard procedures necessary to produce high-quality beer with minimal oversight
- Possess excellent verbal, written and typed communication skills
- Ability to be clean, organized, and efficient throughout the workday with minimal oversight
- Understand and practice sanitation and safety procedures. As well as, comply with OSHA standards for hazard communication, lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry and chemical handling
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily projects with minimal oversight
- Maintain detailed records and quality control reporting
- Create excitement around Iron Hill Brewery beer through engagement with staff and guests
- Ability to work safely, identify and assist in correcting any safety hazards in the brewery
- Willingness to learn and grow with our expanding operations
- Participate in festivals and promotional events as needed
- Possess a sense of urgency while being able to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to execute one’s daily workload as assigned with minimal supervision
- Skilled in thinking critically and problem solving
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the demands of production
- Possess a reliable mode of transportation and the ability to arrive to work on time
Our Brewers –
- Report to a Senior Head Brewer
- Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operation proficiency in all three main brewery areas:
- Assist in the production of high-quality wort
- Assist in the loading of raw materials, such as dry hops, and process aids into the beer throughout various production stages
- Maintain proper cellar records:
- Daily Gravities
- pH Checks
- Yeast Drops
- Fermentation Progression Evaluation
- Harvest and Pitch yeast
- Filter, transfer, and carbonate finished beer
- Clean and fill kegs and casks
- Assist in periodic cleaning and maintenance tasks on all Brewery Facilities and Equipment
- Assist in maintaining the department standard of a “Tour Ready” facility by ensuring the overall daily cleanliness of the:
- Entire Brewery
- Cellar and Packaging Areas
- Brewhouse Equipment
- Tank Exteriors
- Brewery Floors/Walls/Ceilings
- Identify and assist in fixing any issues that may arise during the workday
- Accurate and timely documentation of all processes, procedures, cleaning and maintenance
- Ensure all beers are made in adherence to standardized operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
At Iron Hill Brewery, our Brewer's work with our Leadership Team, to ensure execution of their respective operations is consistent with our Core Values.
We’ve got a flight of benefits to brewing a career with us:
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Discounts on Food and Beer
- Great Benefits: Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Free primary care for all employees through 98point6
- Healthy Employee Shift Meals
- Employee Recognition
- Opportunities to support your local community
About Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant:
Founded in Newark, DE in 1996 by Kevin Finn, Mark Edelson, and Kevin Davies, Iron Hill is the most award-winning brewery east of the Mississippi, and one of the most enduringly successful craft brewery and restaurant concepts in the United States. Now with 20 locations across DE, NJ, PA, SC, and GA, each Iron Hill features an on-site craft brewery and scratch kitchen, pairing the freshest ingredients with the highest quality grains and hops. In 2020, the group expanded with the opening of its first large, full-scale production brewery in Exton, PA to bring the same delicious craft signature beer and seasonal favorites to larger consumer audiences. Iron Hill also unveiled the TapHouse at the Exton brewery, an elevated fast-casual concept offering an upbeat, inviting atmosphere, must-try food, and a wide range of specialty beers.
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant’s signature dessert, the Triple Chocolate Hill, is tied to a brand-wide history of giving back. For each one sold, Iron Hill donates $.75 to CureSearch for Children’s Cancer. Similarly, at the TapHouse, $1 per 3-Alarm Firefighter’s Burger is donated to the local fire station. Through fundraising, local non-profit support, and participation in community events, Iron Hill remains connected to each of the local communities they serve.
Iron Hill is still Growing! We are adding locations up and down the East Coast
Iron Hill Brewery is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.