Logyard Brewing is a 4 year old packaging brewery located in Kane, Pennsylvania. We are expanding and looking to hire an experienced full time Brewer to assist with our busy, growing brewery. We brew on a 15 BBL American-made, semi-automated, steam-fired brewhouse with 15 and 30 BBL fermenters and brites. Pumps, mash tun rakes, fermentation and hot liquor temps are controlled via touch screen, our iPad and even from your phone. Currently, distribution is limited to Pennsylvania in 16-ounce cans, sixth and half barrel kegs.
Logyard specializes in IPAs, with many being of the New England style. We dabble in numerous other styles and brew a lot of rotating and seasonal beers. We’ll want you to brew some of our greatest hits, but also create your own. In 2022 we’ll brew 30+ different rotating beers on top of our 5 current flagships: two different NE 2X IPAs, an American IPA, a Shandy, and a unique Ale infused with local natural birch. You will, of course, have input on the beer lineup for 2023 and going forward. We also brew 1 BBL pilot batches for our taproom - so all styles are fair game.
- Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment.
- Wort production on our 15bbl TigPro 3 vessel brewhouse and 1bbl Spike Brewing pilot system.
- CIP of all brewhouse vessels.
- Yeast handling, to include harvesting and pitching.
- Daily fermentation monitoring.
- Inventory management to include inventory checks and organization of malt, hops, etc.
- Communicate with the head brewer on any issues with equipment or instruments.
- Clean and sanitize fermenters and brite tanks.
- Line setup and transfer of beer from fermenter to brite tank.
- Recipe development and innovation.
- Occasionally assist with canning and kegging.
- Brewing experience and/or brewing education preferred.
- Ability to think critically and multitask.
- Ability to follow established procedures while also looking for ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Competitive wages
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Health insurance
Your application has been successfully submitted.