City Brewery is the largest full-service alcoholic beverage contract manufacturer in the United States providing co-packing and supply chain services to customers across their Hard Seltzer, Traditional FMB, Beer, Spirit-based RTD, and premium non-alcoholic beverage brands. City currently operates out of four facilities located in La Crosse, WI, Memphis, TN, Latrobe, PA and Irwindale, CA. It is an exciting time to join our company as we continue to grow and deliver quality to our customers.
The Brewing Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of the Brewing and Batching department. This department is responsible for the timely and efficient production of beer, neutral malt base, and finished products in accordance with the principles of good manufacturing practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Effectively manage and motivate a work force of hourly and staff employees to ensure a cost effective allocation of departmental labor.
· Design and support procedures for the efficient production of beer, neutral malt base, and finished products
· Effectively develop and manage a program to monitor output of the various stages of the brewing process, including record keeping and timely communication of results.
· Codify, update, and communicate internal and customer quality specifications in a comprehensive and readily accessible form.
· Effectively develop and manage a program to monitor output of the various stages of the batching process, including record keeping and timely communication of results.
· Effectively troubleshoot causes for deviations from specifications.
· Communicate directly with customers regarding department issues and help ensure that customer expectations regarding samples and record keeping are met.
· Effectively monitor microbiological and GMP standards and ensure departmental compliance.
· Communicate effectively with other Department Heads regarding liquid supply and quality issues
· Ensure that departmental practice meets Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
· Provide for staff and personal training as needed in a learning organization.
· Assist in the preparation, implementation and monitoring departmental capital projects.
· Manage the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of departmental Continuous Improvement projects.
· Effectively manage department materials, including inventory and changes to Bills of Materials.
· Three to five years experience in a managerial position, preferably in the Brewing industry.
· B.Sc. in a related science discipline (Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent.
· Specialized training in Brewing Science from a recognized Brewing school, or equivalent experience.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Should have the ability to work effectively in a team-centered environment.
· Should have the ability to prioritize and organize a wide variety of tasks, both personally and for the department.
· Should have a good working knowledge of the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It is an exciting time to join our company as we continue to grow and deliver quality to our customers.