This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Title: Assistant Brewer
Reports Directly To: Head/Lead Brewer
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The successful candidate will be responsible for executing or assisting with many of the tasks related, but not limited to, brewing, cellaring, packaging, cleaning and maintenance within the brewery. He/she will work closely with the Head or Lead Brewer of the brewery to ensure implementation of all standard operating procedures to maintain consistency, quality and efficiency throughout the brewing process. The individual will occupy a support staff role alongside the restaurant management team and staff to ensure success of the beer and brewery aspect of the Iron Hill Brewery brand. The ideal candidate must have hands-on operational brewing experience, be passionate about brewing, relentlessly quality-focused and have a strong sense of urgency, while also cognizant of the importance of listening, mentorship, teamwork, and the company’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate Brewhouse for extended periods of time
- Filter and/or Transfer beer
- Dry hop and carbonate beer
- Maintain cellar records (Take daily gravities, pH checks, yeast dumps, evaluate fermentation progress and assist in scheduling future tasks based on status of fermentations)
- Harvest and pitch yeast
- Clean and Fill kegs and casks
- Clean and maintain the brewery facilities, equipment, keg washing and milling area
- Assist in maintaining orderly inventory of malt, hops and other brewing supplies as needed
- Assist with maintenance and overall cleanliness of entire brewery and cellar including tank exteriors and floors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years professional brewing experience or formal brewing education
- Willingness to work 40 hrs./week in a brewery setting that incorporates all aspects of brewpub brewing with some limited packaging
- The ability to lift 55+ pounds over the waist repeatedly throughout each day
- Ability and willingness to engage with staff and guests to educate and create excitement about Iron Hill beer
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- The willingness to follow standard operating procedures
- Possesses excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to be clean organized and efficient
- Understands and practices sanitation and safety procedures
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily projects
- Maintain detailed records and quality control reporting
- Lead public tours, tastings and interactions with restaurant staff and guests
- Ability to work safely and identify correct safety hazards in a brewery environment
- Participate in festivals and promotional events as needed
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the demands of production
The successful candidate frequently works in a brewery environment with a moderate amount of noise and activity. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding.
Your application has been successfully submitted.