Driver and Warehouse Attendant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The successful candidate ensures timely delivery of goods to our restaurants, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks and communicating delivery details appropriately.
Essential Duties: Deliveries
- Organize and accurately load truck with ordered items for deliveries. Items being loaded for delivery may include, hops, malt, yeast containers, bottles, cans, kegs (full and empty), miscellaneous brewery equipment, and occasionally requests from other departments.
- Pack and load products onto trucks according to company’s specifications
- Drive either the Iron Hill 26-foot, dock height brewery truck or cargo van to Delaware Valley locations for delivery of brewery items listed above.
- Drive and operate forklift in a safe manner for loading and unloading of truck for deliveries.
Essential Duties: Shop/Warehouse Attendant
- Receive, stock and organize items that are delivered to warehouse for the Brewery, FOH and HQ Administration departments.
- Maintain the warehouse which may include sweeping, moving items, taking items to waste disposal and scrap yard and prepping for deliveries.
- Receive and maintain inventory of used kegs from locations. Prep kegs for cleaning.
- Clean and pressurize kegs. Maintain clean keg inventory.
- Valid driver’s license at all times while employed by IHB
- Personal vehicle insurance
- A clean driving record (no violations while in motion) – at all times while employed by IHB
- 3 years of experience as a delivery driver
- Proven experience driving a 20-foot truck in a high density urban area without any incidents
- Ability to pass company driving test, background check
- Ability to arrive for each shift by 8am fit and for duty.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Forklift certification
- Ability to lift 55 lbs over the waist and move 165lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another repeatedly throughout each day
- Ability to operate a two-wheel cart with loads of up to 350 pounds
- Employee is viewed as approachable, reliable, and accommodating
- Displays flexibility in regards to, their work environment, location & tasks
- Possesses basic math skills
- Ability to be clean, organized, and efficient
- Understands and practices sanitation and safety procedures
- Ability to successfully work within Iron Hill time standards of service
- Must be able to perform all duties of cleaning and pressurizing kegs
- Ability to successfully set up keg cleaning station completely
- Continually avoids waste and respects company property
- Friendly and professional interactions with all other employees
- Creates a positive working environment and a caring, hospitable atmosphere
- The ability to interact positively and effectively with various types of people.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily projects.
-Ability to work safely and identify and correct safety hazards in working environment
We have got a flight of reasons to brew a career with us:
- Great Benefits: Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Free primary care for all employees through 98point6
- Paid Time Off
- Free shift meal
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Employee Recognition
- Chance to win a trip to the Great American Beer Festival in Colorado
- Free Homebrewing Supplies (yeast, grains, hops)
- Discounts on Food and Beer
Iron Hill Brewery hires all hourly positions as variable hour employees. This provides greater flexibility in scheduling for both the restaurant and for the employee. Employees work with their manager to determine their schedule and the number of hours they will work per week.
About Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant:
Named after the historic Revolutionary War landmark in Delaware, where General George Washington battled the British, Iron Hill is among the most enduringly successful craft brewers in the United States, with over 24 years of award-winning recognition at national and international competitions.
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn, Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 17 locations up and down the East Coast, including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and South Carolina. Each brewery/restaurant has its own scratch kitchen and craft brewery, allowing individual chefs and brewers the creativity to pair the freshest ingredients with the highest quality grains and hops. For 24 years, Iron Hill has incorporated beer in everything we do. Each individual location has its own head brewer. Each location dedicates itself to the freshest ingredients and friendly atmosphere for all age groups – helping change overall perceptions about brewpubs one meal, one pint, one community at a time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.