Brewery Sales Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
After 25 years of brewing primarily for its restaurant locations, Iron Hill Brewery has launched into wholesale distribution. Iron Hill is looking for exciting, motivated and hard-working individuals who love craft beer and are interested in helping to build a sales organization for the retail extension of our brand.
What You’ll Do:
- Focus on selling products and/or upgrading number of product lines in retail accounts (liquor/grocery stores/convenient stores, bars/restaurants)
- Analyzing and interpreting market sales data to help establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs, conduct price surveys, quarterly product quality surveys, and target account benchmarking
- Identifying major accounts that are not being penetrated with Iron Hill products, and developing a plan to establish business with such accounts
- Improving conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point-of-sale items to increase visibility of the brand.
- Develop relationship with wholesaler partner’s craft sales team
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received and business is growing at accounts
- Maintain and track a regular schedule of sales calls and appointments; provide weekly reports on account visits
- Work closely with the marketing team to plan campaigns for brand releases
- Coordinate and conduct retail staff, distributor staff and customer educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
What We’re Looking For:
- Desire to build a career in sales
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years of proven results-oriented experience in outside sales or within the food & beverage industry
- An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Excellent problem solving & communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- An eye for merchandising
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proficient in VIP for sales and CRM
- Valid driver's license, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point-of-sale frequently
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- A love of craft beer!
We’ve got a flight of benefits to brewing a career with us:
- Great benefits: Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Discounts and Comp Cards for food & beer
- Chance to win a trip to the Great American Beer Festival in Colorado
- Free Homebrewing Supplies (yeast, grains, hops)
About Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
Named after the historic Revolutionary War landmark in Delaware, where General George Washington battled the British, Iron Hill is among the most enduringly successful craft brewers in the United States, with over 24 years of award-winning recognition at national and international competitions.
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn, Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 17 locations up and down the East Coast, including Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and South Carolina. Each brewery/restaurant has its own scratch kitchen and craft brewery, allowing individual chefs and brewers the creativity to pair the freshest ingredients with the highest quality grains and hops. For 24 years, Iron Hill has incorporated beer in everything we do. Each individual location has its own head brewer. Each location dedicates itself to the freshest ingredients and friendly atmosphere for all age groups – helping change overall perceptions about brewpubs one meal, one pint, one community at a time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.