This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Classification: Full time, year round
Reports to: Executive Sous Chef
Pay Rate: Hourly, based upon experience
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Participation in 401k w/ company matching program – Eligible after 1 full year of employment (over 21 years of age)
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a passion for making great beer. We look for employees who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment. We are seeking an outgoing individual who is passionate about beer to work in our in our Tasting Room.
Here’s a great full time opportunity to kick off a career in a top-tier kitchen. We love our dishwashers and respect their contribution to keeping our kitchen clean and efficient. You’ll work on a busy team at the start of our kitchen brigade. We've had several ambitious dishwashers move up the ranks to full-time cook and beyond. If you can get in a zone and maintain our high standards of cleanliness (and if you’d like 40 percent off Tröegs food and beer!), we’d like you on our team.
• Load, run and unload dish machine.
• Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
• Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
• Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
• Keep dishroom clean and organized.
• Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen.
• Bag and haul dishroom trash to dumpster at designed times.
• Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
• Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
• Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Tasting Room as directed by management.
Key Job Skills:
• Ability to work well within a team
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time – up to 9 hours
• Ability to work in a standing position and walk frequently for long periods of time – up to 9 hours
• Ability to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
• Ability to safely lift, carry and maneuver bags, boxes and stacks of dishes weighing up to 60 pounds for up to 30 times per shift.
• Ability to safely navigate the Tasting Room and Snack Bar areas including crowded spaces, wet/slippery floors, hot or sharp kitchen equipment and tools, and/or stairs
• 40-45 hours per week
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays, as needed.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate-controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
• Hot water,
• Pressurized vessels, and
• Loud working areas.
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with broken glass and wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are potential candidate, we will call you
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.