General Store Attendant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position: General Store Attendant
Job Classification: Part-Time (less than 30 hours per week), Year-Round
Reports to: General Store Manager
Pay Rate: Hourly
Hours: Monday-Sunday, varying hours based on availability and volume
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The ideal candidate an outgoing individual and a self-starter with retail experience and a passion for beer who is looking for a challenging and educational opportunity in a direct customer service role. The General Store Attendant will welcome customers to the store, perform sales transactions, assist customers and answer questions in person and over the phone, build store displays, stock beer and merchandise, package and ship e-store orders, and more. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and safety practices of Tröegs Brewing Company. This position requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours.
Daily Duties, Functions & Responsibilities:
• Arrive on time and ready to work at the start of your assigned shift
• Handle routine purchasing transactions
• Complete daily opening and closing Standard Operating Procedures
• Answer General Store phone lines, designate calls to brewery staff and respond to questions
• Build and maintain visually appealing merchandise displays according to supervisor direction
• Restock merchandise and beer as needed
• Maintain a neat and orderly workspace (both public and non-public areas)
• Stay abreast of brewery and General Store news as presented by supervisor
• Attend daily shift meetings regarding goals and agenda for the day
• Pack and ship online orders for merchandise using Troegs E-store SOP
• Communicate pertinent customer service concerns to supervisor
• Provide general tourist information
• Walk and stand for prolonged periods.
• Occasional need to navigate the production brewery including stair cases, wet floors and tight spaces.
• Able to lift cases of beer (32 pounds) and maneuver kegs with a two-wheel dolly.
• Strong knowledge of Tröegs Brewery, its history and its products
• General knowledge of the brewing process and how all Tröegs beers are produced
• Excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
• Flexible and comfortable with change
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Ability to speak clearly and effectively with customers
• Less than 30 hours per week
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays, as needed.
Tröegs Brewing Company is a climate –controlled brewing and packaging facility. The following is a representative list of what a co-worker might encounter during a typical work day:
• Low to moderate noise levels,
• Occasional exposure to fumes and airborne particles relative to normal cellar process,
• Hot water,
• Steam, and
• Pressurized vessels.
Co-workers regularly handle hazardous materials and regularly come in contact with broken glass and wet floors while working in close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are potential candidate, we will call you
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.