Director of Brewing Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Monday Night Brewing is an award-winning craft brewery based out of Atlanta, with a distribution footprint across Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. We operate two taprooms in Atlanta, GA and a brewpub in Birmingham, AL. In our tenth year of operation, we are proud to produce a vast portfolio—spanning from small batch New England IPAs to barrel-aged stouts, approachable kettle sours to mixed culture ambers, hop-forward West Coast IPAs to craft hard seltzers.
Monday Night Brewing seeks a Director of Brewing Operations to have primary hands-on responsibility for the efficient production of top-quality beer at all Monday Night Brewing locations in Georgia. They will help lead the production team and will be deeply involved in all aspects of the business. This is a full-time position, available immediately. This role will report to the COO and will work closely with the Brewmaster.
Rated by our employees as one of the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Best Places to Work, we pride ourselves on living out our core values and fulfilling our purpose: deepening relationships over some of the best beer in the country.
Who You Are
- A craft brewing pro—you have done just about every job in the brewery but found your passion in operations. Making and getting great beer to good people is what keeps you going.
- An active change agent for growth. The big picture vision lights you up, and you are the person with the tactical know-how to bring it to life in a world-class production facility.
- A passionate leader. You are scrappy, efficient, and confident as you solve problems, and you inspire your team to follow suit.
- Nimble-minded. Change and innovation is gravity on Planet Monday Night Brewing, and you love that about us.
Sound like you? We hoped so.
Our Beer Program
- Named #3 Best Brewery in the Country by Beer Connoisseur (2019 & 2020)
- Named #2 Best Brewery in the Country by U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took three Gold medals and one Silver medal in U.S. Open Beer Championship (2020)
- Took a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal at Great American Beer Fest (2017)
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments and key stakeholders to deliver a high-quality product.
- Focus on developing and delivering high level strategy to ensure alignment and achievement of all production goals.
- Manage, coach, and lead a high-performing production organization.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the production team by working closely with production department leaders and Human Resources to hire, train, mentor, and manage a knowledgeable, diverse, and dedicated production staff.
- Consult with Brewmaster on executing innovative projects ranging from small batch to large scale, year-round liquid.
- Write and manage production schedule to ensure the brewery meets market and taproom demands.
- Supervise maintenance staff to ensure equipment and facilities are in condition to produce quality beer on schedule.
- Develop and ensure adherence to SOPs that focus on beer quality.
- Focus on quality control and assurance by collaborating with production leadership on establishing procedures and specifications, assessing their effectiveness through rigorous testing in the lab and sensory analysis, and always maintaining an emphasis on quality.
- Manage procurement, transfers, inventory, and storage of ingredients.
- Hold primary accountability for championing Monday Night Brewing’s production safety program (GMP, HACCP), as well as leadership in other areas of regulatory compliance and environmental standards.
- Assisting with production tasks in any area of the brewery
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years brewing experience in a mid to large sized brewery.
- 2+ years’ experience in a leadership supervisory role
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Experience with canning and can seam technology preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical skills with the equipment found in a production brewery.
- Demonstrated computer skills; experience with Ekos preferred.
- A passion for craft beer and the ability to embrace Monday Night Brewing’s core values.
- Ability to lift at least 60lbs from ground level, move 165lbs of kegged beer, capable of standing for long periods of time, able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
Knowledge & Skills
- Exceptional leadership & management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of large to mid-sized brewery manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets.
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to multitask.
OPTIONAL, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Fan of dad jokes and bad puns
- Owner of at least one Hawaiian or high-vis shirt
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Industry competitive salary position
- Optional health insurance with ability to add family members. Monday Night Ventures LLC will pay roughly 75% of employee premiums and 50% of family premiums (Benefits begin on the 1st of month following your start date)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, personal, or sick days) – 10 days per year. In addition, you will also be paid for time off due to company holidays.
- Eligible to invest in the company 401(k) after completion of 250 hours of service
- Free beer and friendship
Monday Night Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating, and promoting our coworkers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. At Monday Night, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of why we started a brewery and echoed in our company’s purpose: “To deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country.”
Your application has been successfully submitted.