Monday Night Brewing Beertender - The Garage
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Monday Night Brewing – is seeking part-time beertender to join our growing team and operate the bars in our Garage taproom in Atlanta. You will be responsible for providing bar service in our Garage taproom, including contributing to the guest experience, being enthusiastic and knowledgeable about our beers, ensuring compliance with alcohol laws, and helping with the setup and cleanup of the tasting room for each shift.
- Must love people. And craft beer. Not necessarily in that order
- Must have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn about beer and share that knowledge with others
- Must be a team player
- Must proactively look for ways to increase people’s positive experience with the brewery, the beer, and the brand
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and be hospitality-minded
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, primarily evenings and weekends
- Must have a willingness and ability to step in wherever needed – this could include bartending, cleaning toilets, bussing glassware, washing glassware, etc.
- Must be physically able to move kegs
- Prior experience in the restaurant industry or other service industry strongly preferred
- Contributing to the overall guest experience, from entering the brewery until closing
- Serving guests beer through a draft system, as well as selling brewery merchandise, and packaged beer
- Responsible for upholding high standards of safety and sanitization post-COVID, including regular surface wipe downs, restroom cleaning, capacity checking, glassware sanitation and more as set by Leadership
- Use a point of sale system and cash drawer to ring up cash and credit transactions, as well as managing open bar tabs
- Politely but firmly enforcing tasting room and brewery rules and regulations
- Completing opening and closing checklists duties
- Completing side work as directed
- Working closely with Hospitality Operations Director and Shift Leads and helping wherever needed
- Bartending when the taproom is open to the public and during private events
- Working 3-4 weekends per month
- Promoting the taproom and working to increase the experience and number of people attending over time
- Understanding and abiding by federal, state, and local alcohol regulations
- Completing and renewing ServSafe Alcohol certification
- Completing state alcohol license
- Ability to climb, lift, reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours in a hot, wet, humid and loud environment
- The position is extremely physical and demanding in nature and involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials
- Uses repetitive motions
- Can work in both hot and cold temperature
Monday Night Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating, and promoting our coworkers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. At Monday Night, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of why we started a brewery, and echoed in our company’s purpose: “To deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country.”
Your application has been successfully submitted.