Monday Night Brewing Bartender/Server
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Monday Night Brewing (Atlanta, GA) is seeking bartenders/servers to join our tight knit, growing team in our new Birmingham Brewpub. Rated by our coworkers as one of the AJC’s Best Places to Work, we pride ourselves on living out our core values and fulfilling our purpose: deepening relationships over some of the best beer in the country. These are part-time positions based in Birmingham, AL.
Monday Night Brewing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, training, compensating, and promoting our coworkers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected class as required by applicable law. At Monday Night, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity found in the communities we serve. Inclusion is at the heart of why we started a brewery, and echoed in our company’s purpose: “To deepen relationships over some of the best beer in the country.”
- Ensure customers receive an excellent experience
- Understand and abide by federal and state alcohol regulations
- Be responsible for positions/duties assigned in the Brewpub FOH including all bar duties, server/host duties, cleaning, POS and other tasks as assigned
- Ensure guests have an excellent experience with our products and service expectations from entering to leaving
- Responsible for opening and/or closing routines for the bar, dinning, event space, common areas, and patio
- Stock bar with glassware, supplies, alcohol and fresh beer
- Use a point-of-sale system and cash drawers to ring up cash and credit transactions, as well as managing open bar tabs
- Prepare drinks according to prescribed menus and portioning
- Serve drinks and food items to customers in the taproom and patio areas
- Responsible for safe practices at all times and assisting with the cleaning of the taproom including seating areas, restrooms, bar areas, patios, parking lot etc.
- Follow the guidelines for brewpub and patio experience including music selection and volume, video display, games and firepits, etc
- Working closely with brewpub leaders to complete any tasks needed
- Following all federal and state alcohol regulations about serving alcohol
- Must be 21+
- Prior craft beer or bartending experience preferred
- Team player that is self-motivated, good problem-solving abilities, and the ability to communicate effectively with fellow coworkers and guests with a hospitality mindset
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn about beer and share that knowledge with others
- Proactively looking for ways to increase guest experience in a positive way
- Willingness and ability to step in wherever needed
- Flexible work schedule, primarily weekends, some holidays, and evenings
- Ability to work at least 3 weekends a month.
- Ability to demonstrate Monday Night values
Optional, But Not Required
- Bad pun aficionado
- Sweet dance moves
- Ability to climb, lift, reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours in a hot, wet, humid and loud environment. This position is extremely physical and demanding in nature and involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
- Uses repetitive motions and can work in hot and cold environments
- Food Handlers Card
Your application has been successfully submitted.