Senior Packaging Technician
Here at Heavy Seas, quality is the highest priority in every one of our endeavors. All of our beers are subjected to rigorous analysis to ensure their integrity. Today, Heavy Seas produces 18 different beer styles and distributes in 17 states. Heavy Seas has become one of the most respected and award winning craft breweries on the East Coast.
Senior Packaging Technicians work with the Packaging Team to bottle, can and keg Heavy Seas Beer. This position is also responsible for daily cleaning and maintenance of packing machinery and equipment, as set forth by the Packaging Team Leader and Packaging Equipment Maintenance Team Leaders. This is a full time position with hours Monday-Friday starting at 6am and varying shift lengths.
Including, but not limited to:
- Ensure all packaging equipment is set up, maintained and operational to allow for efficient and safe packaging of quality product.
- Operate bottling, canning and kegging line, as well as perform changeovers on equipment.
- Cleaning and sanitizing kegs
- Run CIPs to startup and shutdown the lines.
- Complete production and batch reporting as required.
- Learn and run QC procedures throughout packaging run.
- Perform basic cellar operations, e.g. carbonating beer.
- Participate in daily QC tastings to ensure quality throughout the product’s shelf life.
- Maintain a clean and organized packaging area.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, especially early mornings.
- Must adhere to safety policies at all times.
- Comply with all Heavy Seas policies.
- Aid in training as needed.
- Communicate effectively and work well with coworkers within the Packaging Team, as well other departments.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Credentials and Experience
- Education: High School diploma
- Experience: 1-2 years of factory experience preferred; previous brewery or packaging experience a plus
- Forklift experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication
- High energy level and an attention to details
- Optimistic, positive attitude
- Ability to work as a part of a large team, but also work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Manual dexterity
Ability to handle different kinds of equipment like hoses, brewing vessels, carbonating machines and packaging machinery. Capacity to lift to 55 lbs., maneuver 175 lbs. and perform other physically demanding duties. Able to stand and work at least 8 hours at a time.
The work environment can be cold, wet, hot and noisy and may require work in enclosed spaces. Personal protection equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, and boots are required.
Heavy Seas offers a fun working environment with opportunities for advancement. We offer great benefits as well as paid time off. Land Your Dream Job! Come work for Heavy Seas! What are you waiting for?
Email Heavy Seas with your resume and cover letter with the subject “Packaging Operator”. No walk-ins or phone calls please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.