This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently hiring a Staff Brewer in Coney Island, NY.
The Staff Brewer is responsible for all brewery production operations at Coney Island (CIB). The Brewer is responsible for adhering to safety and sanitation standards while producing the highest quality beer in accordance with established Brewery standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions at all times, daily execution of all brewing and packaging functions, monitoring brewing quality both operationally and analytically, collaborating on brewing innovation efforts and consistently representing our culture; both internally and externally.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for daily management and execution of the brewing process in accordance with LB&T/Boston Beer Company Safety, Sanitation and Quality standards
- Must become competent in all brewing functions related to raw materials, wort production, fermentation, aging, cold processing, packaging and utilities. This includes conducting, recording and interpreting standard beer quality analysis
- Basic utility and process equipment troubleshooting
- Consistently supports Brewery culture development; both internally and externally. Internally includes communication and supporting training efforts. Externally includes public interaction via brewery tours, etc.
- Work closely with the Head Brewer to ensure safe and effective running of all equipment and the facility in general
- Manage sanitation of area(s) of responsibility to assure compliance with GMPs. This includes proper PPE and sanitation of all processing equipment • Participate in daily taste panel to evaluate adherence to quality and flavor targets
- Develop and implement technical Standard Operating Procedures for process steps as directed • Operate forklifts as required. Forklift safety certification to be provided by Company prior to operation • Complete other related duties and tasks as assigned. This may include support of innovation programs, intimate draft system knowledge, supporting FOH team, etc.
- Rotation through various brewing segments, including, but not limited to, hot side, cold side, packaging and pilot brewery
- Demonstrate aptitude for innovation and improvement initiatives as the relate to beer and the brewery
- Proven ability to prioritize and make knowledgeable decisions in a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic organization environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, project and time management skills
- Self-starter, proactive - able to work independently and shows initiative to make things happen and improve results.
- Resourceful with a 'get-it-done, can-do' attitude. Must be able to function at a high level in a dynamic environment
- Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach
- High attention to detail
What We're Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Detailed understanding of the brewing process
- B.S. in Brewing; B.S. in Food Science Technology, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering; or Brewers Diploma/Certification recommended
- 1+ years experience in brewery or food grade production facility
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Process Improvement and Process Control
- Proven ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Proven knowledge of Brewery operations
- Proven ability to make knowledgeable, quick decisions in a fast- paced environment.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of Brewing Science or Formal Brewing Education a plus
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Your application has been successfully submitted.