This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently hiring a Cellar Person in Walden, NY at Angry Orchard Cidery.
What You'll Do:
The Cellar Person is responsible for adhering to Boston Beer Company and Angry Orchard Cider Company safety and sanitation standards while supporting the cellar and cidery in a variety of tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions at all times, daily execution of functions that support production, packaging, cleaning equipment, monitoring quality. Takes direction from cider makers and operations in collaborative spirit.
- Must become competent or interested in learning the basics of Cider Making functions related to, apple processing, yeast management, fermentation, aging, cold processing, packaging, and utilities. This includes performing, recording, and interpreting standard Cider quality analysis
- Basic utility and process equipment troubleshooting
- Assisting cellar team with sanitation within any assigned area(s) of responsibility to assure compliance with company standards and GMP goals.
- Safely operate forklifts as required, including but not limited to unloading trucks, moving bulk inventory in outdoor and indoor environments
- Knowledge of draft dispenses systems
- Restocking and inventory
- Support apple pressing during key tour periods as needed
- Consistently supports development of a strong Cider culture
-both internally and externally. Internally includes communication and supporting training efforts. Externally includes public interaction via conducting cidery tours, tastings, other historical and/or innovative Cider events
- Has experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize and make knowledgeable decisions in a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic organization environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
What We're Looking For:
HS Diploma, Education in fermentation or comparable experience. Experience in cider production, winemaking or brewing with a strong passion for cider
1-2 years of commercial experience in cider production, winemaking or brewing with a strong passion for cider, Forklift operation
Technical Degree or Certificate, Formal education in Viticulture/Enology, Brewing, Fermentation Science, or related degree
Physical requirements: lift up to 50 lbs, full range of motion and ability to be on your feet and in motion for a majority of the day.
Working conditions: Production Cidery manufacturing environment partially overlapped with a high-volume public tour route. Exterior work that requires exposure to elements.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.