This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently hiring a Cidertender in Walden, NY at Angry Orchard Cidery.
What You'll Do:
As a member of Angry Orchard, the Cider-Tender (CT) provides excellent, interactive, and educational service as well as help customers engage with the Angry Orchard brand through cider sales.
- As a CT, employee will orchestrate a dual role, including, but not limited to, table service and draft bar attendant.
- Help maintain culture, and positive vibe of the brand experiences in the Tap Room, while serving guests world-class Angry Orchard ciders
- Convey knowledge about craft cider and the ability to educate customers on the process of making cider and the ingredients required to make cider
- Engage visitors with samples of ciders and drive sales with Growler, bottle, and can to-go options when appropriate.
- Must display thorough knowledge of all food products.
- Conduct cash handling and sales through POS inventory system
- Maintain a clean, safe, focused, and productive environment on a daily basis, in addition to being a Lead Brand Ambassador
- Provide excellent customer service with a “customer first” attitude
- Use good judgment, communication, and customer service when interacting with Tap Room guests.
- Understand when to elevate situations and report any issues to Tap Room management
- Develop an understanding of the history and mission of Angry Orchard, as well as the cider making process itself
- Responsible for cleanliness and hygiene of the bar areas
- Must be neat in appearance, in Angry Orchard branded attire, complete with an issued apron
- Responsible for proper set up and break down of the bar.
- Fill the needs of service staff
- Participate in driving sales incentives and promotions
What We're Looking For:
High School Diploma or equivalent
2+ years bartender/serving experience with necessary bartender licensing (if possible)
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there’s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.