Tasting Room Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Tasting Room Manager will be accountable for the coordination and oversight of all daily shifts. They manage people as well as ensures that all patrons and employees have a high-quality experience. The Manager may act as a GM in his/her absence and assist in sales/cost analysis, performance management, food quality, customer satisfaction, and cleanliness/sanitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that guests feel welcomed upon arrival and throughout their experience.
- Ensure that food is served at a high quality, and that recipes are abided by.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained so that cleanliness and sanitation are consistently achieved.
- Control cash and other receipts by abiding by all company policies and procedures.
- Determine staffing levels and schedule staff to ensure that adequate staffing is available.
- Fully understand and adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to health and safety.
- Complete all relevant paperwork in a timely manner (reports, forms, invoices, etc.).
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the food and beverage industry.
- Sound analytical skills (mathematics, organization, etc.).
- Ability to manage people in a high-stress, fast-paced working environment.
- Proficiency in all office-related software including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to create and maintain a high quality working environment for employees.
- Ability to deal tactfully with difficult customers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and three years of food and beverage/restaurant experience.
- Restaurant management experience preferred.
- Conducts work in a standing and sitting position primarily; however, job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting.
- Ability to use kitchen appliances and a variety of office machines.
Here at Blue Point, we care about the important stuff. Our team is inspired by the spirit of Long Island and the people in our community. Our priority is brewing beer, but it’s just as important to us that we have deep local roots, take care of our environment, and create a space that our employees enjoy coming into day-in and day-out, just like we do for our customers. We celebrate bringing friends and families together over beer and food at our pubs, supporting local art and music at our festivals and on our stages, and partnering with businesses in our backyard. We look for people who are original, gritty, hardworking, and take pride in supporting who and what’s around them. And of course, people who like to have fun (it is beer after all). Plain and simple, we brew beer we want to drink and we hire people we want to work with. We hope that you can be part of the Blue Point Family!
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.