Visitor's Center General Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Visitor’s Center General Manager performs complex managerial oversight to all customer-facing functions within Schell’s Brewery’s Visitor Center experience. This position manages the taproom, biergarten, gift shop and overall visitor’s center experience. The general manager drives organizational initiatives, ensures broad matters are dealt with and executed, maintains a strategic operating plan and communicates such plans to the team. This position largely works autonomously but will work closely with the VP of Operations and the Leadership Team.
· Ensures proper performance management of co-workers
· Accountable to be present and available during the Visitor’s Center’s standard hours, however, may include nights, weekends, and special events
· Creates and supports a cohesive team through thoughtful selection and hiring processes, consistent coaching and training, and engaging in effective communication
· Work to educate staff on: brewing knowledge and beer styles, beer presentation, hospitality, company history, and merchandise display
· Work closely with brewers on coordination of beer releases
· Support charitable outreach commitment working with VP of Operations
· Develop and implement a plan for space rentals
· Foster relationships with community partners and neighbors
· Support Marketing by educating customers about brewery's story and values through knowledgeable interactions and tastings, provide direction for Social Media content regarding the Visitor’s Center experience
· Provide and engage in strategic planning as related to beer releases, events, marketing innovative ideas
· Continuously looking for ways to improve process, enhance business operations, profitability, guest experiences, and co-worker engagement
Special Event Coordination
· Oversee and coordinate preparation for large scale events at the brewery
· Analyze trends of inventory movement at specific events to determine future needs, pricing, placement, etc.
· Oversee day of activities
· Manage concerns and issues day of event to provide solutions that meet and maintain customer demands, as well as maintaining the safety and compliance of visitors and staff.
Enhanced Guest Experience
· Exceed customer expectations of Schell’s Brewery to create an emotional bond that reinforces the brand position and brand strategy
· Provide event coordination and logistics: review opportunities and respond to inquiries
· Handles delicate or difficult guest situations including complaints, negative reviews, and ensures resolution
· Implements and maintains programs targeted at customer loyalty
· Monitors and completes administrative work to include reconciliation, invoicing, and other accounting-type duties
· Maintains the existence of accurate pricing and inventory
· May operate as a taproom shift supervisor
· Ensures beer quality; manage facility draft system, refrigeration, beer inventory, cleanliness of glassware, and bar and line cleaning
· Maintain oversight of gift shop inventory, analyzing data to ensure proper inventory levels, top selling items, and initiatives to move slow moving items are maintained.
· Ensure food and beverage quality
· Approve all invoices and PO's
· Approve timecards
· Maintain safe, healthy and sustainable environment: establish, follow and enforce sanitation standards and procedures, comply with health and legal regulations and observe brewery safety and sustainability practices
· Review order history, sales reports, and other relevant pieces of data to monitor profit and loss
· Works with the Finance Controller to build and manage budgets to achieve P&L goals
· Develop and implement strategies to increase sales and foot traffic
· Analyze trends and variances on beer, food and merchandise to forecast inventory needs and meet sales goals
Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Five years restaurant management and/or event management experience
· Must have outstanding organizational, management and leadership skills
· Attention to details and ability to multi-task
· Positive Attitude
· Strong experience with technology, Point of Sale Systems, and Microsoft Office Software
· Conducts work in a sitting and standing position
· Job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping and lifting (up to 75-lbs on occasion)
Your application has been successfully submitted.