This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to work for our Frederick, MD brewery. The Senior Accountant position is a highly interactive position with touchpoints to many parts of the organization. Primary areas of responsibilities include Accounts Payable and Receivable, and Tax Filing and Reporting.
This position also supports the Controller in preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and reports. Qualified candidates must have a college degree in Accounting or related field and 2-3 years of experience.
Role and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable
- Responsible for processing incoming invoices, routing non-PO invoices for approval, and processing PO invoices with necessary purchase orders/receiving documents
- Providing accurate GL Coding on invoices
- Process all invoices in the accounting system
- Prepare weekly Accounts Payables run for checks and EFTs
- Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for receiving customer checks and applying those to outstanding balances
- Making any and all collection calls on outstanding balances
- Initiate ACH transactions with various customers
- Responsible for making all deposits and updating the bank and balance spreadsheet on a daily basis
- Taxes & Reporting
- Responsible for calculating and submitting Federal and State Excise Taxes and Sales & Use taxes (Maryland)
- Preparing and submitting other various monthly state reports
- Year-End process including issuing 1099s
- Additional responsibilities
- Assist in annual audit procedures
- Assist in development of internal controls and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist Controller with month-end closing, and preparation/analysis of financial statement and reports
Your application has been successfully submitted.