This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco beer company made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better. Our approach to brewing is to make the familiar taste unusually delicious. We’re influenced by the craft brewing tradition, but we’re also allergic to dogma. We care most about making beers worth coming back to—beers that people are proud to enjoy and share with each other.
We are hard-working, creative, knowledgeable individuals proving that there is a better way to bring craft beer to market.
The Maintenance Manager at Fort Point is a talented and mechanically-inclined individual who oversees the maintenance and upkeep of all the equipment in our 14,000 sq ft brewery in the Presidio, our distribution warehouse in San Francisco, our retail locations, and other facilities as necessary. An organized, detail oriented person can make a positive impact on the efficiency of our company by helping keep our equipment and workspaces in working order. The Maintenance Manager must stay focused on safety, quality, and providing our employees with the best functioning work environment possible.
- Schedule, supervise, and perform preventative and corrective maintenance and repairs on all brewery equipment, utilizing contractors as needed. Including but not limited to: brewhouse, pumps, centrifuge, packaging line, boilers, chillers, forklifts, and electric pallet jacks, chillers, forklifts, and electric pallet jacks.
- Ordering of all equipment parts and supplies as needed, gaining alignment of Production director. Maintain critical critical spare parts inventory.
- Work with the Production, Logistics, and Retail Managers to develop a system for tracking maintenance work orders.
- Develop maintenance guides, job aids, and equipment training plans.
- As requested, implement OSHA-compliant safety programs to assure long term safe operation of equipment.
- As requested, train brewery and other staff on equipment operation and safety guidelines.
- Regularly prepare reports on projects, continuous improvement initiatives, maintenance budgets, downtime, safety, and overall department performance.
- Work with managers to train staff on proper maintenance techniques for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Foster a culture of safety and teamwork by seeking input regarding operations, safety and quality issues.
- Solicit competitive bids from contractors and vendors and present recommendations to brewery management.
- Ensure compliance with all company, state, and federal safety and regulatory policies and practices related to equipment maintenance.
- Support Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Competent with the Google suite of programs
- Knowledge of complex systems, automated processes and quality control
- 3+ years of production or manufacturing facility experience in maintenance department
- 2+ years of personnel management.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- High School Diploma
- Low-voltage electrical
- Mechanically Trained
- Project Management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and implement procedures for solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Facility Management, Industrial Engineering or similar field
- GMP training
- Experience with can fillers (currently using Wild Goose), conveyance systems, carton packers and other packaging equipment.
- Sanitary Welding
- Have a basic understanding of the brewing process and sanitary procedure.
- Experience implementing Lean manufacturing methodologies, 5S, Six Sigma, etc.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Weekday morning, weekend, and/or evening schedule may be required
EQUIPMENT OPERATION SKILLS
- TIG/MIG Welder
- Electrical testing equipment
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents
- Supplementary: Eligible for Dental, Vision, and Life group plan
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- FSA pre-tax benefits
- Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership
- Beer and Food benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.