National Accounts Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The National Accounts Manager role is focused on delivering sales, distribution and merchandising goals through the continued and expanding partnerships with major national and retail chains. This position enhances the awareness of the Fort Point brand by improving the availability, visibility and distribution of the full portfolio of products across all of California.
This is a senior sales role that carries responsibility for gaining additional distribution into assigned National Accounts. Success is measured upon driving case volume growth and increasing IRI Category Weighted Distribution.
This role works very closely with the Sales Director, Field Sales Managers, and distributor partners to ensure execution against mandated product authorizations, schematics, and ad programming.
- Responsible for National Accounts revenue growth and increased category weighted distribution
- Identification of distribution objectives by account, and action plan to close against those objectives
- Developing an annual business plan for key accounts, working alongside distribution partners, and maintaining a high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers.
- Organize, implement and execute promotions within chains, including ownership of the post off strategy
- Analyze VIP and IRI data to develop fact based presentations that support the business plans
- Develop and own Quarterly Business Reviews with the Sales Director
- Develop and own the National Accounts Reviews with all distributors
- Ensure plan execution and facilitation with the Field Sales Managers and Brewery Representatives
- Develop and deliver effective presentations to Sales leadership which include IRI analysis and solution based recommendations that will grow sales
- Effective roll-outs of new products & seasonal launch items in National Accounts
- Track Sales achievement and provide periodic updates to the Sales team
- Analyze market trends and brand performance to identify and advise on opportunities for product development
- Use the VIP system to analyze relevant data for National Accounts
- Use internal data, along with market (IRI) and competitor research, to help drive long term Sales strategy
- Previous Sales experience
- Experience using CRM as well as Project Management Tools
- Previous experience directly working with National/Regional Account Category Managers and Buyers
- 5+ years alcoholic beverage sales experience to National Off Premise Chain Accounts
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations and lead buyer meetings
- Ability to consistently deal with dynamic conditions, both internally as well as with varying procedures established by each chain
- Independent problem-solving, negotiation skills, and overall proactive approach to the role
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Work as part of the Sales Leadership team with an open and collaborative approach
- Familiarity with IRI data and the ability to analyze it to drive business planning
- Experience using the VIP system
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Experience in using Armadillo software to analyze IRI data
- Advanced competence in using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Passion for craft beer as well as being connected in the craft brewing community and marketplace
- Working knowledge of distributors in California
- Bachelor’s degree
Your application has been successfully submitted.